Losing faith in Tredz Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
CRC for me at the moment, or Ebay. Some very good sellers on there.
Thanks not heard of CRC - am adding some to fav's to try in the future.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I recently had something from High on Bikes (Can't remember what, I've bought so much lately :blush:) and I was impressed with price and quick delivery.

huwsparky

Über Member
Just bought a bike from Tredz, don't really know what to make of the company to be honest.

Went to Swansea wanting to bring home a defy 2 comp , they told me they didn't have a composite 2 to I asked about the 1, also didn't have one. Left the shop feeling gutted as I wanted a bike bad!

On the way home I called the Cardiff branch and they spouted the same message pretty much but they could get me a comp 3 which I didn't really want.

Didn't realise at the time but knew there was a bike shop within leeks at cross hands so called in without much hope. This shop turned out to be another tredz so I thought, great, here we go again!

Called in and asked about the bikes I was interested in and they said they had 2 x defy 2 comp and 7 comp 1's sowing in stock in the warehouse in Swansea. Turned out the 2 x comp 2's had been sold but the computer has not been updated as it was on the weekend but in the end I got a great deal on the comp 1 which was a bonus.

Fact still remains, why the hell could they not source me one from either Swansea or Cardiff as they all surely get they're bikes from the central warehouse in Swansea. They had almost lost the sale of 2 bikes as my mate wanted one too.

Anyone seen the new giant store next door in Swansea? It hadn't opened when I was there but it lo looked like it was going to be nice.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Just bought a bike from Tredz, don't really know what to make of the company to be honest.

Went to Swansea wanting to bring home a defy 2 comp , they told me they didn't have a composite 2 to I asked about the 1, also didn't have one. Left the shop feeling gutted as I wanted a bike bad!

On the way home I called the Cardiff branch and they spouted the same message pretty much but they could get me a comp 3 which I didn't really want.

Didn't realise at the time but knew there was a bike shop within leeks at cross hands so called in without much hope. This shop turned out to be another tredz so I thought, great, here we go again!

Called in and asked about the bikes I was interested in and they said they had 2 x defy 2 comp and 7 comp 1's sowing in stock in the warehouse in Swansea. Turned out the 2 x comp 2's had been sold but the computer has not been updated as it was on the weekend but in the end I got a great deal on the comp 1 which was a bonus.

Fact still remains, why the hell could they not source me one from either Swansea or Cardiff as they all surely get they're bikes from the central warehouse in Swansea. They had almost lost the sale of 2 bikes as my mate wanted one too.

Anyone seen the new giant store next door in Swansea? It hadn't opened when I was there but it lo looked like it was going to be nice.
I think this was the underlying issue, they had tyres to fit my bike, but they're complete slicks and I ride on the coastal path along Llanelli - Pembrey where it has loose gravel and with a fair level of rain coming I refused them. They didn't have my first choice or my second choice but instead of saying on the second choice they made out three times they'd taken the order and I'd expect the tyres in 2 day. Only for me to catch them out today doing the same thing and an hour later no trace of my request. I emailed it too last week before I phoned it through.

so, all in all I'm hoping I can get tyres tomorrow and it be a lesson learnt. Seems they don't link up between branches if they have one in crosshands too. A Shame in this day and age.

Hope you got your bike and enjoyed!

huwsparky

Über Member
I think this was the underlying issue, they had tyres to fit my bike, but they're complete slicks and I ride on the coastal path along Llanelli - Pembrey where it has loose gravel and with a fair level of rain coming I refused them. They didn't have my first choice or my second choice but instead of saying on the second choice they made out three times they'd taken the order and I'd expect the tyres in 2 day. Only for me to catch them out today doing the same thing and an hour later no trace of my request. I emailed it too last week before I phoned it through.

so, all in all I'm hoping I can get tyres tomorrow and it be a lesson learnt. Seems they don't link up between branches if they have one in crosshands too. A Shame in this day and age.

Hope you got your bike and enjoyed!

I can't believe they can run a business so poorly with so many staff around they're stores.

There's a guy called Mike in Cross Hands that I would recommend and trust as he was true to his word really and did offer us a good price on an upgrade when he couldn't get the bike I initially wanted.

To be fair, between the two branches we went to they seemed relatively knowledgeable, they're computer system is a shambles though, no doubt about that!

Yep, got the bike and I'm happy with it, hope you get your tires sorted :-)

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Hopefully I'll be happy come tomorrow afternoon. :smile: Seems to have been a saga for an old jalopy bike. :tongue: I'm getting attached to her though bless her.

Top Bottom