Losing faith in Tredz Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
You shouldn't talk about any bike you own like that, they have feelings too you know!!!
:laugh::wub::bicycle:
She's getting a makeover - she knows I love her ! I've been sat consideirng stripping her back for new cables, paint job and gears over the winter (or maybe spring) , so it's all good. she can hear me too ;)

Have a look at the £20 purchase in beginners.. :smile: she's got her own thread!

huwsparky

Über Member
I'll take a look :-)

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I tried to buy an item in Tredz in Swansea once, not a happy shopping experience.!

My last visit included over helpful assistants asking me what I wanted, I was just browsing, and when I did try to buy something there were four assistants behind a single till, physically hindering the progress of the transaction and the only working credit card reader was on the other side of the checkout pod.

bpsmith

Veteran
I bought a Jacket there last year. Spoke on phone and said it was the last one, luckily in my size, in the Swansea store. Paid on phone and went to get it after work nearby. They didn't have a clue and eventually it was tracked to their warehouse.

No problem, they said, we will get it brought over in the morning and I can collect from store. Next day, still not arrived. Another day, still not arrived.

They had only gone and sent it second class post from warehouse to store, when they bring stuff back and fore multiple times each day in the van!

Long story, but eventually after 5.5 days from ordering to collecting, I get my jacket.

My bike only took 16 hours to get from Munich to here as a comparison.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I bought a Jacket there last year. Spoke on phone and said it was the last one, luckily in my size, in the Swansea store. Paid on phone and went to get it after work nearby. They didn't have a clue and eventually it was tracked to their warehouse.

No problem, they said, we will get it brought over in the morning and I can collect from store. Next day, still not arrived. Another day, still not arrived.

They had only gone and sent it second class post from warehouse to store, when they bring stuff back and fore multiple times each day in the van!

Long story, but eventually after 5.5 days from ordering to collecting, I get my jacket.

My bike only took 16 hours to get from Munich to here as a comparison.
Unreal!

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Don't be tempted to use Wheelies in the Uplands, Swansea, either. They too are Tredz and use the same stock system.
Cheers for the heads up. I think it'll be my LBS in Burry Port, ebay or a few mentioned on here. Fingers x'd Halfords bail me out today though the LBS wanted £18 each tyre but that was fitted so not bad really but we've done the hard bit of work getting the chain off (had to grind it off as it broke our tool). lol

bpsmith

Veteran
Cheers for the heads up. I think it'll be my LBS in Burry Port, ebay or a few mentioned on here. Fingers x'd Halfords bail me out today though the LBS wanted £18 each tyre but that was fitted so not bad really but we've done the hard bit of work getting the chain off (had to grind it off as it broke our tool). lol

Seen the signs for the LBS in Burry Port, but never been there. I use a guy in Morriston. Works from his garage, but is well known to many cyclists around my area. Great guy and reasonable too. Work is always spot on.

The thought of a grinder on a bike is awful, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do on order to get it sorted.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Seen the signs for the LBS in Burry Port, but never been there. I use a guy in Morriston. Works from his garage, but is well known to many cyclists around my area. Great guy and reasonable too. Work is always spot on.

The thought of a grinder on a bike is awful, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do on order to get it sorted.
Yeah the grinder was a bit like someone coming at your baby with an injection.. had to be done but gruesome to watch! :eek: thankfully nothing hurt other than the chain and no one injured in the process!

Bit of a trek for me to Morriston for repairs really. will bear it in mind if I need it though. Seems alright in Burryport he was friendly enough. :smile:

Bike now has ONE new tyre fitted - chain and inner also. Only one came in on the delivery - so waiting for 2nd tomorrow. Staff member was v.apologetic and is getting someone to call me tomorrow when it arrives. Least the back is sorted now front shouldn't take too long. Look like nice tyres too.

Had a browse for a cheap bike for hubby and 2 of my kids too, but think middle will be a BMX rather than halfords job as she likes the skater scene type of thing. She has a scooter at the moment.

Birthday presents are defo bikes and hubby is looking at a trailer thing for youngest and also picnic / beach stuff later on.

Ciar

Veteran
I bought my commuter bike from Tredz, got a good deal but i suffered the faff with waiting a couple of weeks, told me they had x model in stock then they didn't so on to the next one until finally they gave me the latest model at the previous years price.

awful service great deal, i now mostly use CRC or my LBS.

OP
OP
Batgirl

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I bought my commuter bike from Tredz, got a good deal but i suffered the faff with waiting a couple of weeks, told me they had x model in stock then they didn't so on to the next one until finally they gave me the latest model at the previous years price.

awful service great deal, i now mostly use CRC or my LBS.

Seems like their management team should be reading this thread.

Glad you got a good deal in the end..

Top Bottom