Lycra Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, I had first dibs on that joke four posts before you Monsieur.
I thought if Goggs was generalising, making assumptions, and typecasting to this extent already, then it probably wasn't such a cheap shot after all. ^_^
And I forgot the stripey jumper.

It's all about looking the part: mamils are very sensitive and shy creatures who spend a lot of time, effort and money on looking the part. They are naturally wary of any creature from another 'troop' or family unit. On no account upset them by acknowledging or even looking at them because they are liable to start throwing sh%t at you

BrynCP

Über Member
They just seem to have an awful lot of money to spend on gear that's not really suitable for them.

Didn't know Lycra was only suitable for certain people. I don't race, I wear Lycra, I don't think it's depressing - especially when 10 minutes after a downpour my Lycra is practically dry, yet a pair of cotton shorts would be wet a day later.

OP
OP
G

Goggs

Guru
Sorry, I had first dibs on that joke four posts before you Monsieur.
I thought if Goggs was generalising, making assumptions, and typecasting to this extent already, then it probably wasn't such a cheap shot after all. ^_^

Who's generalising? It's an absolute truth around here that lycra-clad roadies never ever acknowledge others. And it is either a French thing or a relatively new thing because I rode for SRCC and was a long-time member of the CTC way back & it never happened then.

Top Bottom