Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Yellow card. One more amusing post and you're on the "expression of interest" list

"Amusing"??? Don't encourage him.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Yellow card. One more amusing post and you're on the "expression of interest" list

I've given Adrian's post a 'like' . . . . . . . bung the Southern softie on the list. I'm sure we could find some gaff, where they sell chilled Prosecco. :thumbsup:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hey Rich,

If you are stuck for a place to stay the night before, gimme a shout - Same goes for LD too.

The downside ? I'm still not sure, how to get to any of the starting points . . . I might cycle to the Eureka, but it would be close to 40 miles . . . so getting a train or a lift might be a better option. Mind you, I don't know why I even worry about such things. I can't even remember, the last time i cycled more than 12 miles ^_^ - I should give much more consideration, to actually getting out on the bike.

I'll be well-prepared though, for anything after the cycling.:cheers:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks Pubby but I have a mate who lives reasonably near the start though she doesn't know I'll be dossing there yet.
The alternative is to stay in the Travelodge in Manc if there are peeps up for a pre-prandial (ride!) pint or two.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hey Rich,

If you are stuck for a place to stay the night before, gimme a shout - Same goes for LD too.

The downside ? I'm still not sure, how to get to any of the starting points . . . I might cycle to the Eureka, but it would be close to 40 miles . . . so getting a train or a lift might be a better option. Mind you, I don't know why I even worry about such things. I can't even remember, the last time i cycled more than 12 miles ^_^ - I should give much more consideration, to actually getting out on the bike.

I'll be well-prepared though, for anything after the cycling.:cheers
Stop making a gigantic fuss and get yourself there. There are about a zillion start points to choose from, you big drama queen.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Have we officially given up on @MacB getting his round in, then?

His name isn't down to do the ride, so I think you'll have to give up on him getting his round in.
:whistle:

We could do with getting @User to do this ride . . . but only if he brings along the Kitty from FNRTTC^_^

pubrunner

Legendary Member
So with 4-5 expressions of interest it is debatable whether there would be enough to make it worthwhile to organise

A question:

There are hundreds of CCers who live close enough to do the ride so what's putting folk off? I would rather modify the ride and get a decent number than cancel it.

Seems funny, reading this ^^^ now.

Is there any limit on numbers ? I might bring a couple of other riders along, if it is okay to do so ?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Seems funny, reading this ^^^ now.

Is there any limit on numbers ? I might bring a couple of other riders along, if it is okay to do so ?

I don't want to limit numbers because:
a) It has the potential to be a really nice ride and social
b) There will be some inevitable drop-outs as we get nearer the date

We'll inevitably break up into smaller groups depending on cycling speed and how long people want to stop at the cafes. I'm hoping that the smaller groups can be reasonably self-sufficient regarding navigating and any punctures etc. On that basis I say the more the merrier.

Top Bottom