Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twinks

Über Member
Conwy.jpg

FIFY.

Pahahahaha.....:rofl: @Leaway2 . Magic!!......please can I have my dogs back? :biggrin:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
"Probably wouldn't have cared much at the time as there were more interesting distractions that weekend.

. . . and suffice to say, Playboy magazine is negotiating for the film rights". :whistle:

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'm surprised that @Matthew_T hasn't signed up for at least part of this ride.

What's happened to @Cheshire Celt ? I've not seen or heard from him for ages - is he still on the forum ? I'd have thought that this ride would be just the kind of thing he'd sign up for.

He had a habit of bringing along this stuff called 'tablet', which was a kind of Scottish fudge; personally, I wish he'd adhered to the other Scottish habit, which is bringing along a hip flask of malt whisky. {perhaps he did bring it, but didn't want to share :smile: - and who can blame him}.

Absolutely nothing wrong with tablet. Lovely stuff, in fact. I presume you won't be wanting any on the ride then?

The hip flask will strictly be for those who aren't uncouth enough to pour a 15 year old single malt into their coffee. You can bring your own antifreeze (Bells) for that. Not that I'm thinking of any uncouth sods in particular... @User

BRounsley

Über Member
I’ve got a couple of none cyclechat-ers mates that are interested, so we could have another couple to boost the numbers. Hopefully they should confirm soon.

I just spent the week in Mallorca (it was wet and snowy!!). Waiting at a turn, the last person in our little group didn’t see use make the turn (he was 20 meters away max). He took a bit of finding!!!! Not sure how you’d handle 50+ riders at a turn. I’m thinking the super-sized peloton will naturally fragment into ability groups.

I suppose we just need enough mobile numbers to handle issues such as mechanicals, deadly spider bites, dog and/or squirrel strikes, getting lost and any other typical on road problems.

Just my thinking anyway.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I’ve got a couple of none cyclechat-ers mates that are interested, so we could have another couple to boost the numbers. Hopefully they should confirm soon.

I just spent the week in Mallorca (it was wet and snowy!!). Waiting at a turn, the last person in our little group didn’t see use make the turn (he was 20 meters away max). He took a bit of finding!!!! Not sure how you’d handle 50+ riders at a turn. I’m thinking the super-sized peloton will naturally fragment into ability groups.

I suppose we just need enough mobile numbers to handle issues such as mechanicals, deadly spider bites, dog and/or squirrel strikes, getting lost and any other typical on road problems.

Just my thinking anyway.

You're friends will be very welcome.

Here's how I see the navigating issue: There are "round up" points at Altrincham, Marbury, Eureka and Rhyl. If people really need to press on to get a train home then they're welcome to do so. Otherwise I'd like to get everyone together at these points. Between the round up points we will inevitably split into smaller groups. Again, no problem at all with that on the following proviso - if you end up in a smaller group (and you will) you need to make sure that someone in your group really knows the route. That can be with a GPS or a cuesheet or whatever. But someone has to be able to handle it. Otherwise, find another group that can navigate.
There won't be any "waymarkers" guiding folk, you have to be in a position to handle the navigating yourself. I will make sure that folk don't get detached off the back with mechanicals and will look for faster riders on the day to help me with getting folk moving again and bringing them back to a group.
A week cycling in Majorca.....I've got your card marked as a fast guy

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My Sunday morning cycling buddies stop for regular re-groups.

There's also no doubt some of the stronger ones do the whole ride well off their pace to help keep the group together.

If you want to ride as a group, compromises have to be made.

Even so, some of our rides still fall apart, particularly towards the end.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My Sunday morning cycling buddies stop for regular re-groups.

There's also no doubt some of the stronger ones do the whole ride well off their pace to help keep the group together.

If you want to ride as a group, compromises have to be made.

Even so, some of our rides still fall apart, particularly towards the end.
Are you doing the ride?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Where in alty are you meeting up and wot time ish. Thanks.

I'll send out a proper schedule nearer the date (I still need to do some more route recce to make sure I'm 100% happy with it) but I expect it will be the Dulux Building on Stamford Brook Street, opposite Trafford College. We're leaving Piccadilly at 0900 so I would guess about 0945-0950 ish

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Are you doing the ride?

Almost certainly not.

The reasons on my note from my mum will be logistics, and while my record last year was 86 miles, this might be too sore for me this early in the season.

Nick's happy for me to reserve my position, so I might make a late decision to tag along, but it's unlikely.

BRounsley

Über Member
You're friends will be very welcome.

Here's how I see the navigating issue: There are "round up" points at Altrincham, Marbury, Eureka and Rhyl. If people really need to press on to get a train home then they're welcome to do so. Otherwise I'd like to get everyone together at these points. Between the round up points we will inevitably split into smaller groups. Again, no problem at all with that on the following proviso - if you end up in a smaller group (and you will) you need to make sure that someone in your group really knows the route. That can be with a GPS or a cuesheet or whatever. But someone has to be able to handle it. Otherwise, find another group that can navigate.
There won't be any "waymarkers" guiding folk, you have to be in a position to handle the navigating yourself. I will make sure that folk don't get detached off the back with mechanicals and will look for faster riders on the day to help me with getting folk moving again and bringing them back to a group.
A week cycling in Majorca.....I've got your card marked as a fast guy

Speed is objective!!!

We didn’t get as much cycling as I wanted. We got weathered off a few times. Sóller was unpassable because of snow. Another ride was shortened because of freezing heavy rain. Loads of flooded roads. Some of it was great though.

Pics including my snow evidence!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13261772@N00/sets/72157650763616276/

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Top Bottom