Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
If you want to ride as a group, compromises have to be made.

More pub stops for the faster riders might slow them down a bit . . . sadly, I won't be in that group :sad: .

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
As we're 8 weeks to go I thought I'd whet your appetite with linkies to website with photos of the NCN 5 that we'll be on

http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/tal_pens_ph.htm
http://www.cyclingnorthwales.co.uk/pages/pensa_ph.htm

Here's my fave:

tal_pens4a.jpg

and I have now learned what a "revetement" is too

Ootini

I know you don't really want people diverting from the route, BUT, at the very last section of the ride (over the little Orme in to Llandudno) there's an alternative way to the shore. Instead of heading down that little bridle path to the prom, you can stick left and head down a quiet country road to the top of Craig-Y-Don. Why would you do this I hear you all scream, well because you then get to belt it down Nant-Y-Gamar hill which is quite good fun at -10%. You'd then meet the rest of the peloton on the promenade, flying past them at 30mph+ and straight in to the sea. Either way, fun!

doughnut

Veteran
Hope so. I've been busting a gut for 3 months trying to get fit so I will last the full distance.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is this ride still taking place? It's gone very quiet lately and I was wondering if the derisory level of interest had fizzled out :tongue:

100% on. All that's left for me to do is a full ride recce (there's just the bit between Eureka and Connah's Quay I'm not familiar with) when the weather gets a bit warmer and it's ready. You can come on the recce ride if you're keen

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just so you know, having given it a fair bit of thought my current plan is to ride from home and join the group at Eureka Cafe.

Plotting the distances, it seems to be pretty much the same mileage riding to the cafe from home as if I started at Manchester but without having to transport the bike to the start.;)

Top Bottom