Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just so you know, having given it a fair bit of thought my current plan is to ride from home and join the group at Eureka Cafe.

Plotting the distances, it seems to be pretty much the same mileage riding to the cafe from home as if I started at Manchester but without having to transport the bike to the start.;)

No problem, whatever works best for you.

The idea is that when we're close to the ride date I will send out the final route file and ride notes to everyone on the "expressions of interest" list. At that time each participant will need to let me know where they are planning on starting from so I can make sure we don't miss anyone

Got train tickets only thing left is to fill the Hip Flask

@nickyboy is the GPS route on the first page of the tread current ?
If it is I'll get it transferred to my Garmin
Cheers,
Nigel.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Got train tickets only thing left is to fill the Hip Flask

@nickyboy is the GPS route on the first page of the tread current ?
If it is I'll get it transferred to my Garmin
Cheers,
Nigel.

The GPS route on page 1 is for info only, it is NOT necessarily the final version. I will send out the final, final GPS file when I have done the final, final recce. That won't be until the weather gets a bit nicer

doughnut

Veteran
3 Months ! i was relying on a couple of weeks training and a lot of hope to get me there.

Haha, guess it depends where you are starting from. I started with 10 bellies and I've whittled them down so I have just 5 bellies left. I'm aiming for 3 bellies at the start of the day and 2 bellies once we get to Llandudno.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I will have to go from a definite to a maybe as the April rota at work is out and I'm on call that weekend. I will try to do a swap and hopefully come along but now it's not looking promising.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I will have to go from a definite to a maybe as the April rota at work is out and I'm on call that weekend. I will try to do a swap and hopefully come along but now it's not looking promising.

No problem, you're still on the list so you'll get the route file and ride notes when they're ready. Just let me know if it's a yes or no when you can confirm. Hopefully it's a yes

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I've hardly done any riding this year due to work commitments. Hopefully the pressures will settle down and I'll start commuting week after next - I hope so I've recently finished building my commuter fixie.

I reckon there's enough time left to get reasonably less unfit.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've hardly done any riding this year due to work commitments. Hopefully the pressures will settle down and I'll start commuting week after next - I hope so I've recently finished building my commuter fixie.

I reckon there's enough time left to get reasonably less unfit.

I did a ride out of Wilmslow yesterday that took in miles 10-35 of the ride. Even with a stiff headwind it wasn't difficult, just gently undulating. It's definitely a "time in the saddle" ride

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I did a ride out of Wilmslow yesterday that took in miles 10-35 of the ride. Even with a stiff headwind it wasn't difficult, just gently undulating. It's definitely a "time in the saddle" ride

Hmm, I might need to up my gearing then - I'm currently rocking 74", something like 80" might be better if it's that flat.

Top Bottom