Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
heard there may be an Audax ride from the Eureka Café on the same day as this ride ????
Could be a busy stop
There is too: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-597/

They are starting out at 8am though so shouldn't be too bad by the time we get there?:unsure:

Edit: Actually 3 rides covering different distances starting from there that morning: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-253/ and http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-595/

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
For those coming from far flung lands the night before the ride or locals who just fancy it, I'm open to the idea of a bit of a gentle carbo loading session in Manchester Friday night.

Homepage-slider_0001_2-P1010190.jpg

Last edited:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I've every intention of doing this ride, but I'm uncertain as to whether I'll be starting at the Eureka Cafe or Marbury CP. I've persuaded my better half to follow me to Llandudno and leave my car there. Depending on what time we leave Llandudno, we'll head for the Eureka Cafe or Marbury CP.

At what time (Approx.) might the main group expect to arrive at Marbury & the Eureka ?

Which riders will be at each start ?

@User3094 - are you going to be at Marbury ?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've every intention of doing this ride, but I'm uncertain as to whether I'll be starting at the Eureka Cafe or Marbury CP. I've persuaded my better half to follow me to Llandudno and leave my car there. Depending on what time we leave Llandudno, we'll head for the Eureka Cafe or Marbury CP.

At what time (Approx.) might the main group expect to arrive at Marbury & the Eureka ?

Which riders will be at each start ?

@User3094 - are you going to be at Marbury ?

I'm reckoning on about 1100 Marbury CP and 1340 Eureka. Up to you but the ride after Marbury through the Delamere Forest is rather nice

Last edited:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I'm reckoning on about 1100 Marbury CP and 1340 Eureka

Cheers for that info.

Working backwards, a start from Marbury would mean leaving Llandudno at 10am (latest) & leaving home for Llandudno (To drop off my car) at about 8.30am.. It's perfectly 'doable', but SWMBO might prefer a later start to the day.

Whatever the start, I'm really looking forward to this . . . we'll find if @User3094 really does exist - I've always half suspected, that he was a figment of someone's very vivid imagination. :whistle:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Gis a lift ?!

Which way ?

Why don't you drive to Llandudno and leave your car there ? {which is what I intend to do}. We can then give you a lift to either Eureka (most likely) or Marbury - my better half has a car which has a tow bar with a bike rack.

Having cycled back to Llandudno, you can either jump in your car and make a sensible exit (wuss), or you can stay the night in Llandudno and go 'on the lash'. We can show the Southern softies like @rich p & @User how to let their hair down; they've probably never tasted such refinements as brown ale or pickled eggs - what a treat they have in store ! :whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I need to do a full route recce soon and the weather looks decent for it next week. So a quick heads up that I'm planning on doing the full Manchester - Llandudno route next Tuesday. Forecast is dry, OK temperatures and a light easterly. If the forecast changes then I'll probably change the day.

Anyone is welcome to join me for some/all of the ride. I'll be doing it at about 15/16mph pace. I'll plan to get the 1715 train back to Manchester so working back from there I will probably set off from Piccadilly about 0840. Lunch stop at Eureka but I'm not having fish and chips in Llandudno. Get something from the station café to eat on the train

Anyone fancy some/all of it drop me a PM and we'll sort out timings

Edit: Looks like it's just me and...........................PaleRider (and he's not even doing the ride proper)

Last edited:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I need to do a full route recce soon and the weather looks decent for it next week. So a quick heads up that I'm planning on doing the full Manchester - Llandudno route next Tuesday. Forecast is dry, OK temperatures and a light easterly. If the forecast changes then I'll probably change the day.

Anyone is welcome to join me for some/all of the ride.

I am at work all next week so cant get out on the recce, otherwise i would have had a go.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I am at work all next week so cant get out on the recce, otherwise i would have had a go.

No problem, Pale Rider is going to keep me company. After the recce I'll finish the ride notes then send these along with the final route file to everyone on the Expressions of Interest. That's everything done, put my feet up for a few weeks and wait for April 25

Top Bottom