England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
We will have to arrange a meeting point and time soon :smile:

Overseal Church at 08:30 :thumbsup:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I need to work out timing but we are coming back through Newton Burgoland and Odestone around the time of the parade .will be good to see . Depends how long we dither in cafe . Can juggle the time on the day .

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I think we will possible ride into them before they get to Carlton if not we should get to the pub in Carlton
before they leave again

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Another reccee completed version 2 now on strava .tweaked a little bit probably the route on the day ( the ride organiser reserves the right to alter the route if he forgets a turning) From start to cafe in Twycross is 24.7miles which I did in 90 mins at a steady pace . Only big climb is Norton hill out of Austrey other than that it's rolling terrain .From Cafe I've extended past Snarestone to where I suspect the south Derby crew will turn for Measham .To the Gate hangs well in Carlton took 36 mins from Cafe where I hope we can cross paths with the vintage rally .Then back to Bosworth to complete the route 37 miles in total
Weather order form submitted warm sunny no wind ordered
Look forward to seeing everyone on the day

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Another reccee completed version 2 now on strava .tweaked a little bit probably the route on the day ( the ride organiser reserves the right to alter the route if he forgets a turning) From start to cafe in Twycross is 24.7miles which I did in 90 mins at a steady pace . Only big climb is Norton hill out of Austrey other than that it's rolling terrain .From Cafe I've extended past Snarestone to where I suspect the south Derby crew will turn for Measham .To the Gate hangs well in Carlton took 36 mins from Cafe where I hope we can cross paths with the vintage rally .Then back to Bosworth to complete the route 37 miles in total
Weather order form submitted warm sunny no wind ordered
Look forward to seeing everyone on the day

Nice one :thumbsup:

Does the cafe do bacon sarnies?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Does the cafe do bacon sarnies?

Of course

Thank god, looking forward to that :hungry:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I can vouch that bacon sarnies are not for me at least real cycling food, got hunger knock on Sunday , mind you i hadnt eaten for 6 hours if you dont include a pack of yoghurt coated bicces as i didnt take enough cash for the cake stop :sad:

I saw your Sunday 100 km ride on strava an noticed you mentioning the hunger knock :thumbsdown:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Just been out and ridden some of the route. Today they've been putting loose chippings down on the road outside Bosworth Park. I had to stop on road towards Cadeby to remove chippings from tyres. Hopefully it will have bedded in a little by Sunday.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just been out and ridden some of the route. Today they've been putting loose chippings down on the road outside Bosworth Park. I had to stop on road towards Cadeby to remove chippings from tyres. Hopefully it will have bedded in a little by Sunday.

We can always go down the A road, it isn't that far along it, there is another road which runs pretty much parallel to the original road (back towards Market Bosworth) but it is a bit rough

Just checked, it is Sutton Lane

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
This is the smoother part of Sutton Lane.

30-Aug-2016 16-30-09.jpg

Top Bottom