Mud Guards - Recomendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Another vote for Chromoplastics! Fitted them myself, no rattles or rubs. You'll probably need something to trim down the stays when fitted - I used a big pair of bolt croppers, but a junior hacksaw or grinder would probably work too.

They're definitely tough. I've had a couple of minor falls on ice etc last winter, and a couple of incidences of cycling through deep flood water, and they've held up well!
I also used bolt croppers - they were really good but I fitted 28mm tyres the other day and I can hear a little bit of rubbing on the front when it the wet. I don't think I can make any more room for the tyre.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
You'll probably need something to trim down the stays when fitted
Something is definitely needed - a regular pair of pliers (even 10" size") isn't up to the job.
I cut half way through with a dremel, then wiggle the end back and forth to snap it.

HovR

Über Member
Something is definitely needed - a regular pair of pliers (even 10" size") isn't up to the job.
I cut half way through with a dremel, then wiggle the end back and forth to snap it.

I've heard of some people who didn't cut theirs. Guess they just had a whole tonne of clearance and ran the guards real high! But yeah, if you can borrow a pair of bolt cutters it definitely makes the job nice and quick!

Matt-g

I was able to cut through mine easily with an angle grinder.....but of an overkill, but it saved having to buy a dremel.(none of my hacksaws either full or mini would touch it)

+ another 1 for SKS Chromoplastic (rattle & noise free)

I've got the SKS (rigid) mudflaps to my Ribble, front & rear

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sks-raceblade-long-mudflap-prod31137/

Ribble. Road-Trip. 2013. Ferrybridge. 1.JPG

Top Bottom