My new cheapie road bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Well heres my mail order bike in a box,very cheap at 225 quid,i could'nt afford anymore as now out of work.Took it for a ride last night and must say........its a bit crap,only to be expected for that price i know,however i'm planning on upgrading the components one by one over the winter to make it a better ride,will post up for info wanted in a mo,in the meantime here it is.

VikingGiro001.jpg

VikingGiro002.jpg

Iain p

Don't look that bad :thumbsup: .

I would personally use it through the winter and then, start changing the components.

You could always start buying the new stuff during the winter and then fit it later.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
cheers mate,i'm looking to replace the components one by one while still using the bike,hoping by the spring time to have it riding much better than it does at the mo.:rolleyes:

Look at it this way, it will be fine through winter and when you can afford a better bike, you'll have far more of an idea of what it is you require.

You'll also have the perfect frame to base a project around.

Good luck and enjoy

darth vadar

Über Member
I was looking at buying a Viking bike like this too!

Just out of interst how did you find the gear levers with them being mounted on the handle bars?

They are just what I am looking for so if they do the job then great.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
I was looking at buying a Viking bike like this too!

Just out of interst how did you find the gear levers with them being mounted on the handle bars?

They are just what I am looking for so if they do the job then great.

Thank you.
To be honest mate the gears other than needing adjusting are good,if like me you ride mainly upright they are great as you dont have to change your grip to change gear,they also have the display so you know exactly what gear your in.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Just brought a track pump from Halfords,half price at the mo at 12.49,checked the pressures as i did'nt have a gauge before and the most i could put in the tyres with my hand pump??........40 psi :ohmy:
Now running on 100 psi and tons better :biggrin:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
it sounds like your starting to like this bike already :thumbsup:
dont get me wrong i do like the bike,just dont love the bike,not yet anyway,once i get a 130mm stem and some half decent calipers i'm sure it'll be a different story :thumbsup:

As for the weight mate,its no lightweight coming in at just over 11kg i believe.

albion

Guru
Its not overly heavy. I simply recalled an Amazon seller claim 10KG which seemed as much a lie as error.I calculated the old 2009 model as being something like 15.5KG!

Top Bottom