My new cheapie road bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
pm me your paypal addy mate and i'll get these paid for,i take it they're in good nick?

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
New 130mm a head stem fitted,seat now tilted slightly forward,new campagnolo calipers on their way soon,things are looking up now,just my arse needs to get used to the feeling of sitting on a iron girder now and all should be well :biggrin:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
£225 would have bought a nice used steel bike

This 16 Speed Sora STI Columbus framed Pug cost me £100

5987865905_075bc24072_b.jpg

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
£225 would have bought a nice used steel bike

This 16 Speed Sora STI Columbus framed Pug cost me £100

5987865905_075bc24072_b.jpg
Nice bike mate,there was'nt much around locally when i was looking and did'nt want to spend weeks and weeks looking for one so went for the Viking,not too bad a bike now i'm getting the set up and fit sorted.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
I was looking at the same bike mate but I found a discount code for Halfords an bought the Carrera tdf, saved waiting for delivery lol.. Looks good tho :smile:
I found a Carrera at my local auctions,looked mint,did'nt fetch a lot iirc(about 145) but the frame was too small for me,nice looking bike though,so thats when i gave up,went home,picked up the phone and ordered the Viking :biggrin:

Doug.

Veteran
Well heres my mail order bike in a box,very cheap at 225 quid,i could'nt afford anymore as now out of work.Took it for a ride last night and must say........its a bit crap,only to be expected for that price i know,however i'm planning on upgrading the components one by one over the winter to make it a better ride,will post up for info wanted in a mo,in the meantime here it is.

VikingGiro001.jpg

VikingGiro002.jpg

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Amazing value,looks good.
Hope you enjoy riding it.

Regards
Doug.
Cheers Doug,now i've done the stem and a few adjustments i'm enjoying it much more,still has the scary brakes but i've some campagnolo's on their way which should sort things out :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Pleased to say the bike now stops exactly as it should with the help of a pair of Campagnolo Veloce calipers and pads,arrived today courtesy of Stephen Wilby (cheers mate :biggrin: ),only one slight prob,they were just a bit too short on the drop,out with the round file and problem sorted,just one pad is a bit close to the top of the rim but is'nt touching the tyre,just pleased to know i can now take downhills at speed with the confidence that my brakes work fine.Happy days :biggrin:

Top Bottom