My new RT-58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin p

Hiya SG, curious as to how you are getting on with RT58 . Thinking of getting one myself . Noticed you didnt ride the Great manchester cycle on it .:-)

BigAl68

Über Member
Lovely bike. I have had mine since March and I just love getting on it at any opportunity. Just changed the vision wheels over to some zondas and I love it even more now. Mine came with the slk crank with everything else ultegra

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I actually like the evo carbon as well
Stock piccie
BB14RIBEVOPRONAKED_1_zoom.jpg

Martin p

Was going too ask you the same question as Scotishgeek , but I think you have already answered it Bigal . Didn't you rate the vision wheels , thinking of changing to the Shimano RS11's but not sure . Also giing for Sram as I dont like the Shimano levers .

BigAl68

Über Member
Was going too ask you the same question as Scotishgeek , but I think you have already answered it Bigal . Didn't you rate the vision wheels , thinking of changing to the Shimano RS11's but not sure . Also giing for Sram as I dont like the Shimano levers .

The vision wheels were fine to be honest and are now going onto my old trek for winter. I just wanted the zondas as I have been wanting some for a while. They certainly do give the bike a bit of extra speed and spin for ever.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Hiya SG, curious as to how you are getting on with RT58 . Thinking of getting one myself . Noticed you didnt ride the Great manchester cycle on it .:-)

Still loving the RT58. Great going back over some old Strava segments and knocking decent chunks of time off them.

I rode the Great Manchester cycle on my CAAD8 for one simple reason. The new bike was 5 days old and I didn't fancy crashing it due to some careless idiot. ^_^

OP
OP
U

User33236

The vision wheels were fine to be honest and are now going onto my old trek for winter. I just wanted the zondas as I have been wanting some for a while. They certainly do give the bike a bit of extra speed and spin for ever.

The vision wheels are pretty good and not significantly heavier than my handbuilts (they get aired only on guaranteed dry days lol). It is pretty tight fitting tyres to them but other than than I've had no issues.

I've never taken to SRAM double tap, my brain gets fried after being so used to Shimano.

Martin p

Thanks for the replies chap , been working away all week & busy when I got home , although I did try to reply Monday morning but it wouldn't send :angry:. Hope to get down next weekend to sort mine out :smile: . Think I've sorted out what to upgrade , it's just the colour left to sort out :wacko: ^_^ .

Top Bottom