New Year's day 50 miler. Manchester to Holmfirth and back via Holme Moss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Yep I'm still in and dibs the back marker spot.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hi, long time lurker on the forum. Mind if I join you? I live in Glossop. I would probably plan to cycle over to somewhere like Mossley and wait there. Bail out when you get to Glossop or maybe Mottram and then double back through Broadbottom.
You would be very welcome nickyboy. If you are coming from Glossop then you will probably come through Millbrook and Carrbrook. When you get to the junction with Manchester Road between Mossley and Greenfield you could wait on the benches outside the Royal George pub. We should be there around 11'ish.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's getting closer so I thought I would do a participant list.

Me (I Like Skol)
bromptonfb (Cried off with an 'injury' :tongue:)
Potsy (may chicken (or turkey?) out)
Martin Archer
oilyormo
dan_bo
DCLane (part of the way)
Stu Smith
Markymark
Kestevan (part of the way, with DCLane?)
ColinJ (guest appearance)
oldfatfool (part of the way)
skudupnorth (if the therapy works)
400BHP (if he can get his pass-out signed :laugh:)

There's a couple of uncertains in the list but even if only half turn up it will be double last years ride. Just to remove any doubt, meeting at 9-45-9.50 ready for a 10am departure from outside the front of Selfridges and the Corn Exchange (where the big wheel used to be).

I sneaked out today for a quick leg warmer, a 23 mile blast up the Snake pass and back. It felt good and I'm confident I still have the legs for the New Years Day ride. While in Glossop I double checked that Costa Coffee would be open on the day and they are still OK.

Really looking forward to the ride and I hope the weather is half-decent and we get a good turnout.

Steve

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Forecast atm is pretty good, well above freezing, light rain showers at worst and quite a bit of sunshine. Wind is a bit of a bugger, we'll be mega fast over the tops to Holmfirth but I'll be grovelling over Holme Moss with a 25mph headwind

I played golf today at Glossop and saw one or two fast guys going up the Snake, rather worried if one was you I Like Skol :cry:

Stu Smith

Veteran
It's getting closer so I thought I would do a participant list.

Me (I Like Skol)
bromptonfb
Potsy (may chicken (or turkey?) out)
Martin Archer
oilyormo
dan_bo
DCLane (part of the way)
Stu Smith Will be working, was on call,but someone as phoned in sick xx(
Markymark
Kestevan (part of the way, with DCLane?)
ColinJ (guest appearance)
oldfatfool (part of the way)
skudupnorth (if the therapy works)
400BHP (if he can get his pass-out signed :laugh:)

There's a couple of uncertains in the list but even if only half turn up it will be double last years ride. Just to remove any doubt, meeting at 9-45-9.50 ready for a 10am departure from outside the front of Selfridges and the Corn Exchange (where the big wheel used to be).

Top Bottom