• A Saturday in Perth

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A Saturday in Lanark

• A Sunday in Perth

• A Sunday in Lanark

• Anywhere/Anytime - I'm coming riding :)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
scoosh said:
How about a Saturday for a change ? Or is station/Tesco/wherever parking more of an ishoo ?

4 July ?

... and I won't take offence (or a fence) if I am shotted down :smile:

Saturday 4th suits me better than Sunday 5th... I would imagine there would be somewhere in Perth we could get parked without a problem (free) on Saturday. I'm sure TechMech can advise.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
4th is good for me, 5th is our wedding anniversary so that's a no-no. I'm away the following two weekends so it'd be nice to have a pre-holiday ride!

Hmmm. Perth might just be a little far for me, and I'm not sure on availability, but I'll keep an eye on the thread and I'll start sweetening the wife up, just in case! :ohmy:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
magnatom said:
Hmmm. Perth might just be a little far for me, and I'm not sure on availability, but I'll keep an eye on the thread and I'll start sweetening the wife up, just in case! :wahhey:

Pha! You can get the fast train from Queen St to Perth which takes under an hour.

By the way, there's a chippy on the High Street that does the best fish, chips and mushy peas I've tasted (in Scotland). Nothing like the Central-belt undisclosed-white-fish-in-pale-soggy-batter!

Noodley

Tesco on the outskirts of Perth has plenty of free parking and a cafe.

I can't manage 4th due to 'other stuff' but I must get along to a ride with you guys sometime soon.

scook94

Veteran
Ok if I've done it right I've created one of those Doodle poll things to help us pick a date. I'll let you guys chose the date once everyone has added their availability. Hope it works...

linky...

Renard

Is the Lanark one on or not?

TechMech

Sunday would be the best time for the ride as nothing is free in the centre on Saturday. There are two large Tesco stores in Perth, but unlike the previous two rides, neither are close to the train station or the intended cycle route.

The best free parking for a Sunday ride would be the car park at the South Inch. If you look at the route map and head directly East from the train station following the proposed route, where it turns 90 degrees and heads up Tay Street this is a roundabout. If you turn left (south) at this roundabout on to Shore road the entrance to the car park is about 100 yards on the left.

This way the folks that are coming by train can easily meet up with the folks arriving by car and we can start the route from here.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Scoosh could put a poll (it has to be done by the person who started the thread), but suspect that scook94 is right and Perth would be the preferred route as it is easier to get to...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
TechMech said:
Sunday would be the best time for the ride as nothing is free in the centre on Saturday. There are two large Tesco stores in Perth, but unlike the previous two rides, neither are close to the train station or the intended cycle route.

The best free parking for a Sunday ride would be the car park at the South Inch. If you look at the route map and head directly East from the train station following the proposed route, where it turns 90 degrees and heads up Tay Street this is a roundabout. If you turn left (south) at this roundabout on to Shore road the entrance to the car park is about 100 yards on the left.

This way the folks that are coming by train can easily meet up with the folks arriving by car and we can start the route from here.

But the trains are more frequent on Saturdays...

scook94

Veteran
I know Perth well enough to be able to park somewhere on the outskirts and cycle to the train station. If we are settled on that weekend then I'd much prefer the Saturday.

Top Bottom