Night Ride London to Brighton, 5th Sept - NOW CLOSED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Got some orange cardboard, so I'm officially in.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
What directions are people cycling back in? Was looking at options. Via Crowborough area looks good for me but there don't seem to be many options road wise heading North East from Brighton and the A27 looks like a non starter to me.

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Got some orange cardboard, so I'm officially in.
Great stuff. Good to have a recumbent on the ride. Back in Feb 2010, London to Brighton was my first FNRttC. On the Grashopper. It was wet, I was unfit, and we really rode past that bloody big hill on the horizon. I got hooked (and chucked iut the 'bent a few years later)

martint235

Dog on a bike
What directions are people cycling back in? Was looking at options. Via Crowborough area looks good for me but there don't seem to be many options road wise heading North East from Brighton and the A27 looks like a non starter to me.
Up and over Devil's Dyke usually. Through Handcross and then we eventually hit the A23 and follow that to Croydon. The A23 isn't as bad as it may sound.

martint235

Dog on a bike
He'll be off to Maidstone
Indeed I will.
Oh ok. Says London as location....... :wacko:

rb58

Enigma
Up and over Devil's Dyke usually. Through Handcross and then we eventually hit the A23 and follow that to Croydon. The A23 isn't as bad as it may sound.
Or you come with me on my new improved, super-duper cross country route from Handcross which now includes Turners Hill (from the West) as well as Toys Hill, and Polhill. Much better than the A23 and Croydon.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
From Victoria I think I went through a subway to get onto HPC....that was an eye opener

In other news, I have just plotted a route from Brighton back to Fareham in the event that I feel like riding home. It will be my second longest ride if I do!
Posts about other homeward routes reminded me- which way are you going?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Or you come with me on my new improved, super-duper cross country route from Handcross which now includes Turners Hill (from the West) as well as Toys Hill, and Polhill. Much better than the A23 and Croydon.
How in the name of all that is Hellish can Toys Hill and Polhill after 100 miles be considered an improvement??????

Top Bottom