England : Cambridgeshire Not a Christmas Friday Night ride - 11th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Yes, that's a nice route, although doesn't have the attraction of Stansted for a halfway way point.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
In other news, for anyone coming along this Friday and intending to have breakfast at the arrival point in Liverpool St. Station, the Wetherspoons has an outside area where we should be able to lock bikes to the railings, so make sure you bring a decent lock. We'll be inside but you can sit overlooking the outside area.

tatr

In other news, for anyone coming along this Friday and intending to have breakfast at the arrival point in Liverpool St. Station, the Wetherspoons has an outside area where we should be able to lock bikes to the railings, so make sure you bring a decent lock.

For those that don't live in London or know the Liverpool Street area, a "decent lock" means about 2kg of quality steel plus a cable for your seat and anything else that has a quick release. £200 of front wheel can vanish in about 2 seconds.

I might pop down on Friday night and leave a good d-lock and cable attached to a nearby railing.

tatr

mmmmartin

Random geezer
When we go to Hull we have at least two people standing outside the cafe next to the bikes at all times, on a shift system. And on The Tour, I'm hard-pressed to recall leaving the bikes unwatched at any time.

robjh

Legendary Member
Any plans for having something to eat in Cambrdige beforehand? It worked well when we did that in Reading last year.

.... Although ideal would be get to Cambridge in time for a coffee before the night begins.....

If anyone wants to meet up in Cambridge before the ride, this place is open till 11pm :
http://www.espressolibrary.com/
They even let you bring your bikes inside. It's in East Road, 5 minutes ride from the station.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
For those that don't live in London or know the Liverpool Street area, a "decent lock" means about 2kg of quality steel plus a cable for your seat and anything else that has a quick release. £200 of front wheel can vanish in about 2 seconds.

I might pop down on Friday night and leave a good d-lock and cable attached to a nearby railing.

Although having said that, at 8am on a Saturday morning, there's unlikely to be many tooled up bike thieves around and we'll be very close to the bikes. And in case anyone only has a cable lock, my heavy duty chain will go round at least 2 bikes.

Top Bottom