Nutter or brave - you decide.

Nutter or brave - there's no middle ground IMHO

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If they aren't being paid a lot of money from sponsors to do these rides, why are they doing them? I appreciate that a lot of it is reasonably safe for them as the runs are worked out so meticulously so they are as predictable as possible with the balance skills they have but even so...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
They take trail architects...
...that's a new variation on the use of architect... are the ones wielding the spades called 'forensic route doctors'

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Redbull rampage. For those of you who reckoned it looks worse than it is, well, I'm afraid you're wrong.

@deptfordmarmoset , its compacted because all the riders dig their own transitions, lips and landers. The woodwork is put there for them, but they choose and dig their own lines,.

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYvJAQyH3s

That gets me thinking, should I re-tarmac my favourite routes ?

Flash mob re-surfacing for roadies.

Do a better job than my 2 local councils who have ignored all roads since the big freeze of 3 or 4 years ago

Bolton & Wigan Rampage.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
The riders spend days before the event choosing their own lines down the mountain. They take trail architects and spades with them to work out how they get to the bottom, and what moves they'll do on the way down. This clip from Gee Atherton gives a bit more of an insight into their skill and courage.

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZDEU4iwYso

Completely agreed @Cubist

Gee & the Atherton siblings are truly World Class talented folks.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I wish I was brave enough, strong enough and young enough to have a go at that. It looks ACE!

Nowadays I prefer to leave my adrenaline unmolested in my adrenal glands.

Top Bottom