Pasta tuna and sweetcorn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackandblue

I was home alone last night and left to fend for myself in the kitchen. So after a 2 hour evening ride I made a very large bowl of pasta with tuna and sweetcorn. Yummy. I probably ate enough to feed a family of four last night. And there's about the same left over for tonight....

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
We have that though there's always an argument over what to put in it, I have mayo and mustard in mine but my wife has salad cream in hers, she's a total pleb.

BTW, was it tuna or dolphin?

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Definitely tuna. And Mayo. Not sure about mustard. Maybe I'll try that on a small portion tonight. I'm a bit of a purist as far as tuna and sweetcorn is concerned. Apart from adding mayo to bind, it shouldn't contain anything other than tuna and sweetcorn. I hate these sandwiches that claim to be tuna and sweetcorn and then have chopped chives or dill or other stuff in it.

Same with cheese sandwiches. If I wanted cheese and pickle/cheese and mayo/cheese and salady bits I'd have bought it.

yenrod

Blackandblue said:
I was home alone last night and left to fend for myself in the kitchen. So after a 2 hour evening ride I made a very large bowl of pasta with tuna and sweetcorn. Yummy. I probably ate enough to feed a family of four last night. And there's about the same left over for tonight....

Lets all go over to yours - Black ! :sad:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Blackandblue said:
Definitely tuna. And Mayo. Not sure about mustard. Maybe I'll try that on a small portion tonight.

I's got to be Dijon, well mixed in. I'm afraid I like a bit of everything, spring onion, shallot's, peppers; whatever's in the fridge!

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

eldudino said:
I's got to be Dijon, well mixed in. I'm afraid I like a bit of everything, spring onion, shallot's, peppers; whatever's in the fridge!

:?: Well, with that further explanation, I think I'll stick with my tried and tested formula :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mmmm! My easy fallback is a tuna pasta recipe - tuna in a tomato sauce, usually along with pepper, olives and anything else I think I can chuck in, on top of spaghetti, preferably with pesto. I'm having to learn to be very strict about portion sizes.

BTW, Sainsburys basics tuna is perfectly good, just a bit flakier than the standard. I'm gradually testing all the basics stuff - it suits my budget. If only they did Basics pesto, I could do the whole lot as bog-standard...

Maz

Guru
Tuna in oil or brine? That's always a dilemma for me. Probably brine is my choice, tuna being a naturally oily fish.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Arch said:
Mmmm! My easy fallback is a tuna pasta recipe - tuna in a tomato sauce, usually along with pepper, olives and anything else I think I can chuck in, on top of spaghetti, preferably with pesto. I'm having to learn to be very strict about portion sizes.

BTW, Sainsburys basics tuna is perfectly good, just a bit flakier than the standard. I'm gradually testing all the basics stuff - it suits my budget. If only they did Basics pesto, I could do the whole lot as bog-standard...

With you on the pesto :biggrin: - got to be green though, can't have too much on pasta. Tried that red pesto it's horrid and very wrong! :?:

Arch

Married to Night Train
threebikesmcginty said:
With you on the pesto :biggrin: - got to be green though, can't have too much on pasta. Tried that red pesto it's horrid and very wrong! :?:

Ah. I like green, but I like red too....

When I have green (I tend to alternate buying them) I like it when the tomato sauce amalgamates with it...

I've never tried the fancier sorts, the red pepper or the spinach. Has to be basil.

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Maz said:
Tuna in oil or brine? That's always a dilemma for me. Probably brine is my choice, tuna being a naturally oily fish.

Noted about the oiliness of tuna but I always go for tuna in oil as I like as the added lubrication without having to resort to too much mayo.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Have you seen the ads? You can now get tuna in 'nothing', to avoid all the tiresome trouble of draining it.

<bangs head on desk, over and over>

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Arch said:
Have you seen the ads? You can now get tuna in 'nothing', to avoid all the tiresome trouble of draining it.

<bangs head on desk, over and over>

Next we'll be able to buy tins with nothing in them - so we won't have to expend the energy to open them.

Top Bottom