Pasta tuna and sweetcorn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
theclaud said:
This thread is starting to show more culinary promise.

Soaking, Nick, is the thing with porridge pots. You don't want to be too eager when it comes to washing up...

No, the thing with porridge pots is a) non-stick and :tongue: washing up straight away. After all, you have to let your porridge cool a little before you can eat it, so why not use the time wisely? Also of course, not leaving a lot stuck round the sides, wasted.

I do the same with most saucepans - then I bung them back on the hob (and old electric type with those hot plates) with water in while it cools down, and that heats the washing up water for the plates and cutlery.

c2c

redredrobin
Arch said:
You're starting to sound like Nigella. Which reminds me, I saw one of her shows the other day, and I'll admit, she's probably most men's dream and lovely looking, and a creative cook, but she ain't half messy! There was stuff all over the worktop. I'm much neater when I cook.

ooooh nigella, the messier the better.......she is absolutely babetastic......... bit catty that arch/:tongue:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Arch said:
No, the thing with porridge pots is a) non-stick and :biggrin: washing up straight away. After all, you have to let your porridge cool a little before you can eat it, so why not use the time wisely? Also of course, not leaving a lot stuck round the sides, wasted.

I do the same with most saucepans - then I bung them back on the hob (and old electric type with those hot plates) with water in while it cools down, and that heats the washing up water for the plates and cutlery.

That's me told, then :tongue:. But I don't have non-stick saucepans, and I favour splashing cold milk on as the preferred cooling-down method. Also use oatmeal. There's absolutely no chance of getting it off without the soak - I reckon they could make industrial-strength adhesives from it...

Arch

Married to Night Train
c2c said:
ooooh nigella, the messier the better.......she is absolutely babetastic......... bit catty that arch/:bicycle:

Catty? I admit she's better looking than me, and more imaginative, and then I pull her up on being a bit messy? I think that's downright generous!:biggrin:

Top Bottom