Pasta tuna and sweetcorn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Blackandblue said:
Next we'll be able to buy tins with nothing in them - so we won't have to expend the energy to open them.

:?:

Oil for me, definitely. Water should be kept as far away from tinned fish as it should from aubergines. I don't like tuna to taste as if I've dropped it in the washing-up bowl by mistake. Talking of pesto, Arch, I've been making a freezer-full of wild garlic pesto. It's very abundant down here at the moment - dunno about your neck of the woods. If you get the parmesan, pine nuts and olive oil from Lidl, it works out pretty cheap for something so gloriously green and flavoursome.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Blackandblue said:
I was home alone last night and left to fend for myself in the kitchen. So after a 2 hour evening ride I made a very large bowl of pasta with tuna and sweetcorn. Yummy. I probably ate enough to feed a family of four last night. And there's about the same left over for tonight....
I'm not fussy about food and I love pasta, but somehow Past, Tuna and Swweetcorn as a combination I find really unappetising. As for a Tuna bake... it's the equivalent of baked potato... dull.

Arch

Married to Night Train
theclaud said:
Water should be kept as far away from tinned fish as it should from aubergines.

It's tricky before they are tinned.

Hmm, wild garlic pesto? Sounds nice... I do still have about a tonne of parmesan left over from my mystery Xmas hamper.

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Fab Foodie said:
I'm not fussy about food and I love pasta, but somehow Past, Tuna and Swweetcorn as a combination I find really unappetising. As for a Tuna bake... it's the equivalent of baked potato... dull.

You can't really compare it to baked potato. Unless that is all you eat; just the baked potato. The joy in a baked potato comes from what you put on it.

For me, it's the simplicity of tuna pasta and sweetcorn. The only very subtly different textures (oh, the way the sweetcorn pops in the mouth) and the unctiousness of the combined ingredients.

Each to their own of course.

Arch

Married to Night Train
You're starting to sound like Nigella. Which reminds me, I saw one of her shows the other day, and I'll admit, she's probably most men's dream and lovely looking, and a creative cook, but she ain't half messy! There was stuff all over the worktop. I'm much neater when I cook.

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

I am preposterously neat when I cook. It isn't at all efficient. I have little plates and cups and saucers with all of my constituent ingredients like I'm on some cookery programme (but not Nigella's, obviously).

radger

Veteran
Blackandblue said:
I am preposterously neat when I cook. It isn't at all efficient. I have little plates and cups and saucers with all of my constituent ingredients like I'm on some cookery programme (but not Nigella's, obviously).

Argh. I always swear at that on the tv and shout about how "no-one cooks like that you morons". Maybe I should stop...

The only time I prep everything into dishes is when I'm doing stir-fry. Which is what I am meant to be doing now, having got home from work an hour late.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Blackandblue said:
You can't really compare it to baked potato. Unless that is all you eat; just the baked potato. The joy in a baked potato comes from what you put on it.
For me, it's the simplicity of tuna pasta and sweetcorn. The only very subtly different textures (oh, the way the sweetcorn pops in the mouth) and the unctiousness of the combined ingredients.

Each to their own of course.

Yes, the joy of a baked potato comes from what you put on it... so eat that with something more interesting than a baked potato. It's a good sales job you've done on the Pasta tuna sweetcorn combo, but on consideration it's just serving to make the baked potato appealing...

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
Have you seen the ads? You can now get tuna in 'nothing', to avoid all the tiresome trouble of draining it.

<bangs head on desk, over and over>
I noticed that, too...John West Tuna steaks in Very Little Brine.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Blackandblue said:
Next we'll be able to buy tins with nothing in them - so we won't have to expend the energy to open them.

Better still, fill them with helium then we'll expend even less energy carrying them :becool:

Top Bottom