England : Derbyshire Peak District incl Holme Moss Saturday May 30: 0900 start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
There are three people in this photo so, boys&girls can you guess which is me?

Mosscommuter is actually the slightly goth-looking young lady working behind the bar. No idea who that bloke is doing the photobombing

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Ouch my head! I'm afraid to say I made a complete arse of myself after leaving the pub. Wobbled past about a dozen shops before the reality of my inebriation hit home and I knew the only option was to collapse in a heap on the floor and call for help. Lady Skol came to the rescue with kids in tow and scraped me up off the pavement where I was being looked after by some wonderful volunteer patrollers. I could barely stand and it was more luck than judgement that I had sat down where I did rather than falling down.
I am now in the dog house and very disappointed with myself :sad:

Apart from spoiling it at the end it was otherwise a perfect day.

Hahahaha.

Big hilly ride+ loads of beer away from home =deaf and dumb breakfast for the foreseeable. Tit. .

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Superb ride guys, really good route and excellent company. Forced to admit I was the only one who had to get off the bike and walk for 100yds. Knee was in real pain last night, but seems to have settled down again today - I think the immediate application of brewed analgesic after the ride helped considerably.

Fortunately I was "rescued" from the pub by Mrs Kes before things got out of hand... I still managed to sample almost all of the draft beers available - with the exception of the fizzy yellow stuff Skol was drinking :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Mosscommuter is actually the slightly goth-looking young lady working behind the bar. No idea who that bloke is doing the photobombing
Nicky, if you can be arsed to organise this one again I'm up for it. My only other pressing commitment is the other kid is producing another baby in 3 weeks or so.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Nicky, if you can be arsed to organise this one again I'm up for it. My only other pressing commitment is the other kid is producing another baby in 3 weeks or so.

I think we'll need to give it a bit for Skolly to get back in the good books :wacko:

But if folk would like another one in a while then it's no problem. There are loads of loops from Glossop like the one we did yesterday, good cafes and we've always got the Oakwood :cheers:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is it just me or are we somebody missing?

BRounsley

Über Member
A really enjoyable day so thanks to everyone for making it happen.

Sunday was a bit of struggle, post recovery ale. But I did get to re-watch Saturday’s giro highlights on the Sunday as I may have nodded off on Saturday in front of the TV!

My main post-ride aches and pains is my bright red face and matching red legs.

Here’s my ride. Including my CX course to the start!

https://www.strava.com/activities/314846937

doughnut

Veteran
I took advantage of my human right to be a complete cry-baby for 24 hours afterwards. I got up then sat in front of the telly and watched The Hobbit, Mission Impossible 1, 2 and 3 then went back to bed. Even had to get my daughter to switch the DVDs over and bring me cups of tea. Don't know how many times I nodded off. Planning on rejoining the human race on Tuesday or Wednesday.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I took advantage of my human right to be a complete cry-baby for 24 hours afterwards. I got up then sat in front of the telly and watched The Hobbit, Mission Impossible 1, 2 and 3 then went back to bed. Even had to get my daughter to switch the DVDs over and bring me cups of tea. Don't know how many times I nodded off. Planning on rejoining the human race on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I would give this two likes if I could

Mrs N doesn't realise how a ride like that (and a beer session like that) puts you through the mangler. She had me taking garden rubbish to the tip, going to Wickes for some DIY bits and generally not letting me have a moment's peace. I did manage a 20 minute nap late afternoon though

I really wish I had come on the ride now, we did 117 miles of the boring Cheshire lanes. Mind numbing doesnt begin to describe it!
I will definately be on a ride if you do another before the end of the summer!

Top Bottom