People really will steal anything.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Our car was nicked and was eventually found four days later in the car park of a fairly rough estate in Tottenham. We went to pick it up but it had been comprehensively trashed....wiper stalks broken off etc. Everything had been taken from the glove compartments, boot etc.......except a pair of expensive green Hunter wellies.
I guess it was a matter of street-cred.

D

Deleted member 1258

The back gate. when we were in our first house we had a fortnights holiday and got back late Saturday night, on the Sunday morning I was having breakfast before returning the hire car, my Good Lady looked out the window turned and said the back gates gone, I didn't believe her until I looked myself. The thing was it wasn't even a proper gate, the gate was missing when we moved in and I'd cobbled together a temporary gate from scrap timber.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4295766, member: 9609"]you attach ladders to the roof of you car with bungees :wacko:[/QUOTE]

Yes. The ones i use now are very thick and not too stretchy. The ones i had nicked were i admit a bit flimsy. I suppose by getting them nicked they did me a favour as maybe they were an accident waiting to happen.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I belong to a charitable Trust that has a nature reserve accessed by a farm track off a busy, non-footpath section of the A12 in Suffolk. On open days, the entrance is marked with a small banner hung across two small posts in a hedge, the posts being thumped into the ground with a post rammer.

The posts cost £2 - it cost me more in fuel to get the timber, saw points on it, pick up the rammer from a friend and put them in place. Some ****wit has stolen the posts!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've had my heart stolen. I forgave her.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Someone stole my car on a torrentially rainy night, abandoned it in a remote part of a remote council estate, and then stole my umbrella out of it. I felt a bit sorry for them to be honest, missed the last bus I expect.

similar to my dad..
van nicked from outside the pub and then dumped ..the crooks lived nearer than my dad did to home..lol
tho the mini van was unharmed..

Top Bottom