People really will steal anything.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Someone at a place I used to work had their mug stolen. The guy was sent anonymous emails showing his mug at various places throughout the company (UK based). :laugh:
Haha. My wife and pals did that with a colleagues 1 Direction calendar when Zane left. They cut him out of a late month and he spent the summer doing the rounds of various holiday destinations, Being the Press & PR dept, Where's has Zane been had its own Facebook page for when the girl found him missing.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I also had a monocular nicked once.... In a minibus full of people
Should've asked someone to keep an eye on it :hello:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Someone at a place I used to work had their mug stolen. The guy was sent anonymous emails showing his mug at various places throughout the company (UK based). :laugh:

Haha. My wife and pals did that with a colleagues 1 Direction calendar when Zane left. They cut him out of a late month and he spent the summer doing the rounds of various holiday destinations, Being the Press & PR dept, Where's has Zane been had its own Facebook page for when the girl found him missing.

Both stories are of theft (and also vandalism), pure and simple surely??

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well no complaint was made and she found it very funny. Maybe it's a sense of humour thing.

I'll admit it all depends on the situation and the person. Glad they were ok with it!

That said, who over the age of about 10 has a 1 Direction calendar anyway?? :laugh:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
13,000 bikes get swept of the streets of cph each year. Those in the know reckon 10,000 are stolen and abandoned and the other three thousands have faults and are abandoned. On my normal 6.5km jogging route I go past seven abandoned bikes. :sad:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I once had the Handlebars, Footrests and Exhausts nicked off my 350 Yamaha (didn't really matter cos I'd seized it anyway and the frame was off to a 'proddy racer' who'd bent his in a crash so I still got the cash for that off him)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A few years ago, somebody smashed in the door of my office in the middle of the night. Absolutely nothing went missing. Most peculiar.
Again, I've posted it before, but...

Not me, but I heard tell of a guy at college who, being immensely anal, was plagued by people breaking into his room and messing it up. Just for the fun of it. And of course the angrier he got, the more fun it got. The more security he tried to apply, the more interesting the challenge became. No-one ever took anything - just messed things around a bit. Eventually he cracked and hired a firm at great expense to install a massively solid, massively costly special security door. Returned after a weekend away to discover his room immaculate - exactly as he'd left it. The door was missing, mind...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Again, I've posted it before, but...

Not me, but I heard tell of a guy at college who, being immensely anal, was plagued by people breaking into his room and messing it up. Just for the fun of it. And of course the angrier he got, the more fun it got. The more security he tried to apply, the more interesting the challenge became. No-one ever took anything - just messed things around a bit. Eventually he cracked and hired a firm at great expense to install a massively solid, massively costly special security door. Returned after a weekend away to discover his room immaculate - exactly as he'd left it. The door was missing, mind...

Similar story about the chap in "halls" where there was a general ethos of messing people's rooms about.
Chap's girlfriend coming to visit so he read the riot act about anyone messing his room about.

Same punchline - room untouched, but door missing

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We once took everything out of a room except the bed, whilst the bloke slept in it.... I can't remember if we succeeded in getting the heater off the wall, but we certainly had a go!

Top Bottom