People really will steal anything.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
I had a sweeping brush and a single gardening glove stolen from an allotment.
My brother had some poundland lights on his bike, he'd fixed them with tape, and someone stole them!

classic33

Leg End Member
Someone where I worked had all four valve cores taken from his car tyres.

The 300 yard walk home that night was a slow one.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
My old CD player jammed and was going to cost about £70 to get repared, parts et al, which was more than it was worth after almost a decade in service. So I decided to get a new one from Asda at about £30. I put it out in the front garden, by the gate (terrace house), intending to take it away with me to get it recycled. I nipped back into the house for the loo and when I got back out front...yep..gone. Moron who nicked it was going to be sadly disappointed when he/she/it found out that the disc caddy mechanism had bust and the CD tray was jammed shut:okay:. I suppose they could have got it repaired, but that would have cost them cash unless they happened to be electronics experts by freak chance. But what did miff me slightly was the notion that they probably fly tipped it somewhere when it wouldn't work wheras I was trying to get some of it recycled and dispose of it thoughtfully:angry:.

Oldbloke

Guru
We had a general manager at the City firm I worked briefly for in the 80's who kept the sugar for drinks in his safe, so each member of staff would have to go and ask him for it. He wasn't concerned for our well being, just the amount the firm spent!

Huge amounts of time wasted on this exercise; at the same time there were big piles of valuable Share Bearer Bonds left out on desks overnight and weekends in an easily burgled office.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
a previous employer, spent considerable sum refurbishing the shower area and installed new showers. Within the first week one of the shower heads was swiped.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We have one of those book club people come round our office. They leave a selection on a table for a few weeks, people have a look and then order what they want.

Only one book has ever gone missing from the table and the culprit has never been found. It was a local history book on unsolved crimes in the area.

:laugh:

I thought you were going to say that it was a reprint of 'The Joy Of Sex' or something!

Lonestar

Veteran
Stupid people.I had a badge nicked off my jacket at work when I left on the mess-room chair about twenty years ago.Scumbags.

Never got a replacement even then so getting one now would be near impossible.Scum.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Apparently, at the Severn Valley Railway last weekend, a brand new loco (68025) that was visiting for the Diesel Gala, had one of it's builder's plates stolen during the night.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but apparently it is worth next to nothing, everyone now knows it is stolen so they cannot sell it, and the railway is now scared that the company who owns the loco (DRS), will take issue with it and not lend another to them or to any other preserved railway for an event.

Well done!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom