Plans for the Weekend..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Kirstie said:
Which part of manchester? You can go straight across the A50 through Derby and Stoke to the M6 and then head north.
South-ish Manchester (Stockport Rd, if you know it).

Maz said:
South-ish Manchester (Stockport Rd, if you know it).

I'm from north manchester, :biggrin:! No idea about that side of town.

longers

Legendary Member
Or up the M1 to Sheffield and then across the A57 Snake Pass Maz?
Depends if you want to get there as quick as possible or fancy looking at the scenery.

I'm fettling bikes tomorrow and then Springing into the Dales with quite a few forummers on Sunday, should be a nice 200k day out in good company :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Thanks for the info - I favour A50, M6, M56, M60.
What's The Pyramid, Fossy? shopping centre?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Maz said:
Thanks for the info - I favour A50, M6, M56, M60.
What's The Pyramid, Fossy? shopping centre?

No it's an office - shaped like a Pyramid...can't miss it, or the red brick viaduct that's rather 'large'...... :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
No it's an office - shaped like a Pyramid...can't miss it, or the red brick viaduct that's rather 'large'...... :biggrin:
Cheers, I'll look out for it. Ta.

That reminds me of a bad joke:
What do you call a South African doctor in Egypt?
A pyramidic.

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
Pic 2 'ere....... from todays detour home.....

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32159
Gotya...so that's the pryramid. The blue thing. You can see that from the M60?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yep you can not miss it. The M60 is about 200 yards further to the left on this pic. If you've missed it, gone under the big red viaduct, then come across a massive Tesco 24 on the left, you've gone to far :biggrin: - you can come off here and either re-trace 1 junction (1/2 mile) or follow the signs for the A6 from here, but you'll deffo need to know North or South of Stockport.

Come off there, and follow the signs for the A6 - not sure which side of Stockport you are going to (North/South) but this brings you right out in the centre. You'll probably cross the small roundabout where I got splatted, next to the big red brick viaduct. :biggrin: Th A6 itself runs parallel to the big red viaduct......

PS if you are early, there is a Decathlon at this junction..... undergoing a refurb, but some bargains to be had. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Cheers for that, fossy. Destination Stockport Rd, Levenshulme. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the decathlon pyramid.

bonj2

a 200k audax tomorrow, on fixed!
sunday finishing building up the summer bike and put the winter bike back together
buying a new front reg plate for the car at some point 'cos the old one fell off when i went through a too-deep ford :smile:
pub lunch?

Top Bottom