Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey, is the weekend again already!

(Consults forecast...)

Hmm, Saturday looks like the best day for a ride.

My trusty low-geared Basso is out of action with transmission problems so I'll be riding my 25.5% higher bottom gear Cannondale instead. That rules out some of my more strenuous routes which have 20%+ gradients on them...

I might nip out to the Forest of Bowland and back, taking in the cafe at Waddington again. Any of The Usual Suspects fancy that? (Yes, I know it is very short notice!)

AdamBlade

Ferrying oldest (5 yr old) to football tomorrow. Off to Scarborough on Sunday with family. Must find a pub to watch Blades v Palace. Hoping for a favour from our Uncle Neil :biggrin: Hopefully will be a good weekend!! :ohmy:

bonj2

Will1985 said:
Nice relaxing Saturday probably off the bike, then down to Bedford on Sunday morning to watch gf run 10k at BUCS athletics, then maybe ride home from there (~70 miles as the crow flies).
On Monday my flatmate has this idea that we should drive to Snowdon, run up and then ride down. I've now found that cycling is prohibited under a voluntary agreement during the day so that looks like a no go. Not sure how I would ride anyway - fitting up with my Pompino with CX tyres for a downhill sounds like a recipe for disaster....I'd rather run up and then run back down!

would have thought you'd want a bike with forks for riding down snowdon...

bonj2

AdamBlade said:
Ferrying oldest (5 yr old) to football tomorrow. Off to Scarborough on Sunday with family. Must find a pub to watch Blades v Palace. Hoping for a favour from our Uncle Neil :wacko: Hopefully will be a good weekend!! :sad:

it's not at home is it? :tongue: must remember to avoid the area if it is

AdamBlade

bonj said:
it's not at home is it? :tongue: must remember to avoid the area if it is

No it's at Crystal Palace. Although I would recommend avoiding most of Sheff on Sunday afternoon/evening. Blades could be celebrating, Owls are playing Cardiff. Could all end up a bit messy!!

bonj2

AdamBlade said:
No it's at Crystal Palace. Although I would recommend avoiding most of Sheff on Sunday afternoon/evening. Blades could be celebrating, Owls are playing Cardiff. Could all end up a bit messy!!

ah great, i'm not in shef on sunday

col

Legendary Member
Had the all clear to get on my bike by the doc yesterday, although he wanted to sign me off for another week, but Im off next week anyway, so Im looking forward to getting out hopefully sunday.

TVC

Rest tomorrow, Sunday 80 mile 'Squires & Spires' Sportive, recovering Bank Holiday Monday then off to bother Barcelona on Tuesday for the rest of the week.

Chris James

Über Member
Up to Northumberland for family get together. I hope to get out on the bike on Monday, assuming the weather isn't monsoon conditions.

A ride in Northumberland should make a nice change from the hill-fests all rides around here seem to end up as.

domd1979

Veteran
Build furniture, deliver wardrobe to me brother's house, clear out greenhouse, sort out garden if I'm feeling really enthusiastic. Failing that, I shall put my feet up and read.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
A (looks like it will be) windy 15-20 miler soon, a 50+ miler tomorrow morning early (05:00 or thereabouts), family stuff during the day, a 20 ish leg stretch tomorrow evening, a 50+ miler Sunday morning early (05:00 or thereabouts), a gentle 20ish Sunday Night, early to bed, then another 50+ on Monday morning (05:00 or thereabouts) family stuff, then a gentle 10-15 miler Monday night.

Top Bottom