Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Dayvo said:
Sat evening going to the theatre to watch 'Jungle Book' in Norwegian! :biggrin:

Now let me think, what would I rather be doing...

Bon Scott Festival with AC/DC tribute band and lots of beer

OR

Jungle Book in Norwegian

It's a toughie! :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Depends who's going with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
trio25 said:
Thanks for asking, tomorrow I am going to ride the Mary Townley Loop, including riding to and from the start. Expecting to be out for at least 10hours, should be a good day!
Yikes! :evil:

I've ridden most of it, but not all in one go. That'll be tough...

I did something similar in 2003 when I rode to Rawtenstall, did the Rossendale Mountain Bike Challenge, then rode back. It was my hardest day out on a bike ever. Here's a Wall of Text describing my adventure - save for when you are bored on a long rainy day! :sun:

PS For those of you who might be interested in copying this particular adventure of Trio's, there's a great description of a ride round the loop here. Makes me wish my MTB was rideable - I miss it.

Noodley

Dayvo said:
It's the 'après play' that counts! :evil:

C'mon, nobody could be worth Jungle Book in Norwegian!! :sun:

all that will happen is that you think about the apres event all the way through, build it up in your mind....and then it'll never match your expectation. And you'll still have the pain of Norwegian Jungle Book etched in your brain forever.

Noodley said:
C'mon, nobody could be worth Jungle Book in Norwegian!! :evil:

all that will happen is that you think about the apres event all the way through, build it up in your mind....and then it'll never match your expectation. And you'll still have the pain of Norwegian Jungle Book etched in your brain forever.

I'll let you know how it goes (the play, not the fore après play! :sun:).

trio25

Über Member
ColinJ said:
Yikes! :ohmy:

I've ridden most of it, but not all in one go. That'll be tough...

I did something similar in 2003 when I rode to Rawtenstall, did the Rossendale Mountain Bike Challenge, then rode back. It was my hardest day out on a bike ever. Here's a Wall of Text describing my adventure - save for when you are bored on a long rainy day! :evil:

PS For those of you who might be interested in copying this particular adventure of Trio's, there's a great description of a ride round the loop here. Makes me wish my MTB was rideable - I miss it.

It was a great day, wish I always had weather like that!
I was out for 11 hours, including a pub and two lunch stops. 70miles in total.

I wrote about it here, with a few pics

http://trio25.blogspot.com/2009/05/mary-townley-loop.html

ColinJ

trio25 said:
It was a great day, wish I always had weather like that!
I was out for 11 hours, including a pub and two lunch stops. 70miles in total.

I wrote about it here, with a few pics

http://trio25.blogspot.com/2009/05/mary-townley-loop.html
Sounds great - well done! I'll do it one day when my MTB has been repaired. It's a great loop. The only thing I don't like is the gate-fest in the Water area.

My ride was an altogether more humble affair, but I did at least get to save a dog's life - tour of five reservoirs!

Noodley

Dayvo said:
I'll let you know how it goes (the play, not the fore après play! :evil:).

Either I was right and you're embarrassed to admit it, or you are still recovering! :ohmy:

I have spent most of today with ringing in my ears and partial deafness after 2 hours of AC/DC...It was bloody good though! :ohmy:

trio25

Über Member
ColinJ said:
Sounds great - well done! I'll do it one day when my MTB has been repaired. It's a great loop. The only thing I don't like is the gate-fest in the Water area.

My ride was an altogether more humble affair, but I did at least get to save a dog's life - tour of five reservoirs!

Yes read your account, but sounds like a very different route. We didn't go near the rake (which defeated me two weeks ago on my singlespeed) or peel tower!

Noodley said:
Either I was right and you're embarrassed to admit it, or you are still recovering! :ohmy:

I must admit that I feared the worst, especially when I found out that it was 'Jungle Book' in the style of 'West Side Story' with a lot of rap, hip-hop and dance, and spoken in 'nynorsk'; the less popular of the two main languages. :wacko:

BUT it was EXCELLENT! 2+ hours of really good entertainment.

Have a look at the promotional video:

http://www.detnorsketeateret.no/net...ile=../../video/Jungelboka.flv&autostart=true

click on the 'Sjå video' under 'VIDEOBLOGG'

:tongue:

Hope your ears have stopped ringing!

ColinJ

trio25 said:
Yes read your account, but sounds like a very different route. We didn't go near the rake (which defeated me two weeks ago on my singlespeed) or peel tower!
I didn't mean it was the same route (although bits of it were) - I meant it was similar in terms of length and difficulty to the MTL, and I rode to and from it. I found it harder than any road ride I've ever done including my Hebden Bridge to Coventry via-every-hill-possible ride in 2007.

I'm pretty impressed that you found the energy to blog about your MTL ride afterwards! When I did the offroad challenge, I didn't have the strength to cook my evening meal - I could barely manage to stroll 700 metres to the local Chinese and back!

I've done probably 90% of the MTL at one time or another but not all on the same day.

I went to watch the National Hillclimb Championships on the Rake a few years back. That was an entertaining few hours. Watching some guys who were terribly overgeared and wondering why they didn't just use lower gears and spin. It was pretty impressive watching the top riders sprint up on their fixed wheel bikes, but it was fairly obvious that a lot of them were borderline eating-disorder cases they were that thin...

I wouldn't mind having a go at the Rake on a singlespeed bike - I'd settle for 22 (ring)/ 32 (sprocket)! :tongue:

goodspeed said:
Sounds like a great ride trio, and lucky with the weather! well done. It's a route i've been meaning to do for ages, you might just have given me he nudge i needed.
Hey, I'll do it with you one day, but I can't afford to get my Rock Lobster (MTB) sorted at the moment. I'm going to have to shell out for my Basso first because I can't cope with doing all my road rides on my Cannondale.

trio25

Über Member
ColinJ said:
I'm pretty impressed that you found the energy to blog about your MTL ride afterwards! When I did the offroad challenge, I didn't have the strength to cook my evening meal - I could barely manage to stroll 700 metres to the local Chinese and back!

Well Jon washed the bikes to make up for the lakes trip where he jumped in the car and I washed them in the rain. I'm also a geek and like to blog before I forget the ride.

We then managed a 300m walk to the pizza takeaway, I have ordered delivery from them before when really tired!

Top Bottom