Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
bonj said:
TENNIS?! :wacko: what sort of a girl's sport is that!?:biggrin::laugh:

I wish I had never given up tennis :boxing:
Used to play 5 times a week from the age of around 9..played a couple of games for hampshire (more as a filler due to the fact the better players were unavailable) but then quit at the age of 15 ish...I just stopped going :hyper: why oh why did I quit a sport I was so good at...

Infact, I may go for a knock about tomorrow :biggrin:

montage

God Almighty
Noodley - nice pussy

Noodley

Dave5N said:

Not at all. She is such a lovely little cat. I love her to bits, and she went along to the show today as I had said to her breeder I would take her to one show. She is just a little lovely cat, not at all freaky. The photos are just some of her in different places at different times, so it's a bit harsh to criticise her as a freak. :hyper:

If you want a square go, outside...now. :biggrin:

barq

bonj said:
is the new trail i heard about open yet?

Depends which one your heard about! :biggrin:

I think the newest one is the Cyflym Coch ("Red Fox") which is swooping singletrack - it feels like a roller-coaster. I used it as a warm up before proceeding to rockier and more technical trails.

Was that the one you meant?

bonj2

montage said:
I wish I had never given up tennis :sad:
Used to play 5 times a week from the age of around 9..played a couple of games for hampshire (more as a filler due to the fact the better players were unavailable) but then quit at the age of 15 ish...I just stopped going :sad: why oh why did I quit a sport I was so good at...

Infact, I may go for a knock about tomorrow :biggrin:

squash is a much better sport... that actually involves speed
when in tennis do you get situations where you effectively have to do like the equivalent of a penalty shootout goalie and guess where it's going to go? Never. therefore that makes it a slow sport, and therefore a girl's sport.

montage

God Almighty
bonj said:
when in tennis do you get situations where you effectively have to do like the equivalent of a penalty shootout goalie and guess where it's going to go? Never. therefore that makes it a slow sport, and therefore a girl's sport.

This is why you don't enjoy tennis.

bonj2

barq said:
Depends which one your heard about! :smile:

I think the newest one is the Cyflym Coch ("Red Fox") which is swooping singletrack - it feels like a roller-coaster. I used it as a warm up before proceeding to rockier and more technical trails.

Was that the one you meant?

i don't think i've been on one called red fox...
if it's less than a year old i've probably not been on it

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bonj said:

Bonjy baby, me old twat, do you sit at home and ponder what nonsense you could come out with as a wind up or do you actually believe the twaddle you spout?

bonj2

rich p said:
Bonjy baby, me old twat, do you sit at home and ponder what nonsense you could come out with as a wind up or do you actually believe the twaddle you spout?

most of the time it's completely impossible to play tennis because of the fact that it's far too windy. In courts like wimbledon where they've got a covered stadium with loads of seats round then it's fine as it's completely sheltered, but on most village green type courts where the layman can play, you hit it and it goes off at a curve 'cos a gust of wind's took it.
Even a mild wind, e.g. 10mph, can make a game of tennis largely down to luck.
And that's even before you even consider whether it's going to rain, or whether it's been raining on the court and there's puddles on it :smile:.

This makes tennis largely unplayable in most places in britain, most of the time. Why do you think britain always does notoriously shoot in wimbledon... the good players are from better climates where it's always still.

Noodley

bonj said:
yes, exactly - like I say, squash is a much better sport.

But would indoor tennis be better for you? No wind so that would eliminate the 'guess where it's going' problem.

Top Bottom