Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Noodley said:
But would indoor tennis be better for you? No wind so that would eliminate the 'guess where it's going' problem.

:smile::rolleyes::sad::rolleyes: you've COMPLETELY got the wrong end of the stick.
The 'guess where it's going' is not what you get in tennis due to the wind, it's what you get in squash due it being a faster sport.

Noodley

bonj said:
:smile::rolleyes::sad::rolleyes: you've COMPLETELY got the wrong end of the stick.
The 'guess where it's going' is not what you get in tennis due to the wind, it's what you get in squash due it being a faster sport.

Oh yes, I see. So what was the problem with wind then for you? Surely that would add to the guessing for tennis? Which in your view would only be a good things as guessing is good.

IMO any sport which involves such a high level of 'guessing' is hardly skillful is it?

barq

bonj said:
i don't think i've been on one called red fox...
if it's less than a year old i've probably not been on it

I've just checked and it opened at Easter, but you've probably done sections of it before on trails like the MBR. However they've obviously made some changes as it flows better.

If you do the Tawr (former Red Bull): last week they had a diversion at the start. On paper it didn't add any extra climbing but was soggy and wet so harder work than the old climb. Also not terribly keen on the new "Pins and Needles" towards the end. 'Tis a bit rocky for me and the Kikapu. That said I mostly like the changes, but post something in the MTB area when you get back because I'd be interested in your opinion.

Anyway, hope you get your MTB sorted and have fun.

Top Bottom