PMT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Mr Plax has PMT. He has it tonight actually. Pre Match Tension he calls it ;)

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
2 women living together synchronise.

It just means we both want to kill each other at the same time - get's it out the way. :biggrin: :evil:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Wigsie said:
...they drag it out for 3 and sometimes 4 days either side of the actual bleeding so the moodiness can lastfor almost 2 weeks sometimes...

stoatsngroats said:
I'd deinately agree that 'the other half' (meaning wife - not the glass of ale) has good months and bad months, which tend to last equally 1-1.5 weeks.

i think you will find the clue is in the name PRE menstrual Tension/Syndrome. not post. if its lasting that long they maybe its your relationship that's on the rocks :tongue:

JamesAC said:
I think that should be "pissed"

Really? :tongue: spelt it feckin wrong again doh! bollox (or should that be bollocks???)

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I just find it SOO interesting some women it (PMT) hardly 'hits them' at all and others they turn into murderers..like Snaps' ! :evil:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
snapper_37 said:
2 women living together synchronise.

It just means we both want to kill each other at the same time - get's it out the way. :evil: :angry:

can you get away with blaming your other half's time of the month for the argument, being an expert on the subject (not like us men)?

Bman

Guru
My missus occasionally suffers (or is it me that suffers? :angry: ) from the "monthly cycle"

But its not that bad. I've learnt to deal with her moods, just like she has learnt to deal with mine.

I have a little clever app for my phone called "My Girls" You input a few details about their cycle and it tells you (among other things) when to steer clear, and when to try your luck :evil:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Bongman said:
My missus occasionally suffers (or is it me that suffers? :biggrin: ) from the "monthly cycle"

But its not that bad. I've learnt to deal with her moods, just like she has learnt to deal with mine.

I have a little clever app for my phone called "My Girls" You input a few details about their cycle and it tells you (among other things) when to steer clear, and when to try your luck :wacko:

Can you get that on the regular net :biggrin:

snapper_37

alecstilleyedye said:
can you get away with blaming your other half's time of the month for the argument, being an expert on the subject (not like us men)?

Not really, it's usually both to blame, so I just crack open the wine and order a curry in. :wacko:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

snapper_37 said:
Usually, that's why we're fat bastards ...... :wacko:

But of course, we blame it on 'bloating'....

Thats another thing about women if they've got higher states of percentage of body fat ! - Is they complain about the heating (being too cold when its 25'C room temp.) ! wheres the logic in that, maybe Snap can inform me on that one too ?

snapper_37

yenrod said:
Thats another thing about women if they've got higher states of percentage of body fat ! - Is they complain about the heating (being too cold when its 25'C room temp.) ! wheres the logic in that, maybe Snap can inform me on that one too ?

Who am I Yens - your fountain of all female queries? :wacko:

I can't answer that one really because I don't moan about the heating, I must have enough insulation.

I used to have a terrible time with it in my 20s, but it's not so bad now. I discovered, by talking to a nutritionist, that PMT varies with diet. Certain food groups (e.g. wheat, yeast, other types of grain, caffeine) can cause certain symptoms over others. There's an organization which *used* to be called the women's nutritional advisory service - it has a new name now and I don't know it - and they published the 'beat PMT cook book' which tells you how to manage it.

My symptoms used to include really terrible water retention, bloating, severe breast tenderness, excessive anxiety, depression, mood swings, suicidal feelings, confusion, forgetfulness, and poor co-ordination. I also used to get really bad cramps too. I used to be a complete wreck with it.

This was all but erradicated when I cut down on caffeine (the anxiety-related symptoms), wheat based products (the water retention/tenderness symptoms) and anything with yeast in it (the confusion/co-ordination/forgetfulness symptoms).

I still have these things in moderation (eg one mug of coffee in the morning; spelt/wholegrain mix bread; bulgur wheat, buckwheat, wholegrain rice instead of pasta, never ever eat white pasta or rice, or white bread; don't drink much beer etc etc), and my symptoms are much more manageable than they were.

I never bothered with supplements such as evening primrose or vitamin B6 but some people swear by those. I still get cramps but blast those with painkillers which tends to work. Also if I have a really busy month on the bike the symptoms are much less.

snapper_37

Kirstie said:
Also if I have a really busy month on the bike the symptoms are much less.

Some good tips there Kirstie - glad you've got things under control. Poor you! :smile:

I only used to suffer in my late teens and early 20's. Don't really have anything to moan about now, apart from an ovarian cyst which can sometimes be as bad as period pain.

I swear by the exercise bit (above). It is supposed to help and, IME, it does.

Top Bottom