PMT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Cubist said:
A couple of interesting comparisons here. Mrs C gets it bad some months, and some not so bad. However, I have occasionally found myself getting more stressed and argumentative in anticipation, only to find she's all calm and relaxed. Having lived with the bad months for well over 20 years now I can only wonder at the mood swings and what must be raging emotions. I used to get all exasperated at the lack of logic. I'd try to be all sensitive and understanding, offering platitudes, only to be screamed at for being so "bloody stupid, PMS has got nothing to do with it!!!" Talk about not being able to win!

Bless.

See this is the deal Cubes - we can't be succesfull in any way.. :sad:

The other day I had (from the woman):

"..i was in the co-op and felt like turning over the shelves and everything.. then the woman cashed my stuff up and I left"...

Just imagine if Men felt like that - according to 'the woman' PMT wouldn't exist !

;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Kirstie said:
Babycham is probably OK, as is cider...drinks involving yeast like beer just make matters worse.

But all alcoholic drinks involve yeast. Your best bet would be one that's been distilled and filtered.
Have a pint of vodka?:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
See this is the deal Cubes - we can't be succesfull in any way.. :smile:

The other day I had (from the woman):

"..i was in the co-op and felt like turning over the shelves and everything.. then the woman cashed my stuff up and I left"...

Just imagine if Men felt like that - according to 'the woman' PMT wouldn't exist !

:ohmy:

Why don't you just lose the enormous man-chip off your shoulder, and grow up?

I think you'll find that a lot of women have, on this thread, spoken quite frankly about how they are (or aren't affected). And yet you insist on seeing us as some sort of weird hypocritical other species.

Frankly, unless your other half likes being referred to as 'the woman', as some sort of private joke, you're sounding more Neanderthal with every post...

yoyo

There is a good reason why it is women who have to cope with PMT and all that goes with it. Can anyone begin to imagine how men would cope?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Arch said:
Why don't you just lose the enormous man-chip off your shoulder, and grow up?

I think you'll find that a lot of women have, on this thread, spoken quite frankly about how they are (or aren't affected). And yet you insist on seeing us as some sort of weird hypocritical other species.

Frankly, unless your other half likes being referred to as 'the woman', as some sort of private joke, you're sounding more Neanderthal with every post...

Arch: chill the feck out heh - its not soo bloody serious to take WAY over the limit !

You don't speak for ALL women you know !

People (me) live and learn (ie me posting this thread to learn abit etc..) in their own way..I grew up in an all female-environment - so dont give me the 'you dont respect women shite'...

If anything i'm too ****ing respecting so 'get off my back heh ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:
If anything i'm too ****ing respecting so 'get off my back heh :becool:

Referrring to your girlfriend as 'the woman'? Doesn't sound very respecting to me. You're always moaning about woman, you start a thread that claims to want to know stuff, then you revert to "oh, we can't win..."

Don't worry, I wouldn't touch your back with a bargepole if you were the last man on earth...

yoyo said:
There is a good reason why it is women who have to cope with PMT and all that goes with it. Can anyone begin to imagine how men would cope?
We already do dear.....:evil:;)

...but if we actually suffered from it directly then I imagine that we'd suffer with our usual stoical dignity. :thumbsup:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
yoyo said:
is now a bad time to mention, ahem, "man flu"…?

Blonde

I get spots and also feel a bit weepy and emotional a few days before, especially if there's something in the paper, or on t'telly about babies, or kittens! I'm not joking - I even cried at the Duracell bunny advert once, c'os the bunny-boy went home to his bunny-girl and I had no-one waiting for me to come home.... :thumbsup:) ;)

Sometimes it can be quite bad and last a full week rather than just a few days, and I can start to get quite depressed. Luckilly I usually check my diary and then realise that it's PMS not depression (I have had that in the past and am also effected by SAD) and I relax and just try to weather it out. I do wonder if depression and SAD is actually related to the emotional state at the end of my cycle as well - perhaps I am just generally predisposed to these feelings. The loved one knows not to tease me too much when I am like this, or just I cry, insetad of coming back with something equally teasing as I usually would. I wonder if the emotional state associated with PMS is actually due to PMS-related fatugue? I get very tired at the same time and go to bed round 8-9pm during those few days before my period. Generally when I am tired (at other times, such as after a late night) I feel a bit more emotional (doesn't everyone?). I have also noticed that the loved one gets grumpy and/or emotional when he's tired too, but I have no idea if this tiredness is due to his hormone levels fluctuating, or is simply accumulated general fatigue.

Blonde

Arch is right, you have to check you diary and be prepared and perhaps try to avoid stressful situations, or in my case being out/up late that week. When I feel tired and low, I try to think "Am I feeling like this because of something that has actually happened, or because of my hormones?" If it's the latter, then I try to take a deep breath and remember that this feeling will go away after a few days (hard to do when you're in the midde of angst though!). The loved one will also remind me of this, which does help a lot.

^^^+1
With me it's crushing paranoia - just for a couple of days. I have to be really careful about the decisions and judgements I make during that time. The other half can normally tell before I can as well - he is very understanding!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I find I sometimes (not every month) am struck by a low feeling - almost like a physical blow it comes on very suddenly, and then may pass off again fairly quickly. A sort of "it's all hopeless" feeling, or weepiness. Sometimes it's that that reminds me that the time is coming up.

Also, does anyone else get this - about a week before the period actually starts, I get sort of ghost symptoms - a mild backache or stomach cramp, just like I get on my period, but not as bad... Then it passes off for a few days, until it comes back for real.

Blonde

Cubist said:
only to be screamed at for being so "bloody stupid, PMS has got nothing to do with it!!!" Talk about not being able to win!

Bless.

Aw, as I said it is hard to remember that the reason you're feeling so terrible is due to hormones, when at the time all you can do is feel angsty! I guess it takes a certain amount of self awareness too. I actually find it helpful and comforting when my partner reminds me that it is just PMS and it will go away! Sometimes it is easier for other people to see what is happening than it is for the person effected though!

Top Bottom