R.I.P Cilla Black.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Couldn't stand her myself, but I wouldn't wish her any harm. A doyen of trash TV.

I am 55 and she has been around all my life. Some time decade or so ago I heard one of her records and thought -wow she was good at what she did. The recent biographical drama with Sheridan Smith playing Cilla was about the best bit of TV I have seen in a year and Cilla's simple girl-next-door charm shone through. Sad that it has now so coincided with hear death.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you didn't like them during life why change your comments after death?
Who says I didn't like her? All I did, as Marmion says, is question whether she was, as suggested, "loved and respected by everyone", having recalled from the earlier thread that she was in fact loathed by many, who'd actually met her, and found her a stuck up rhymes-with-witch with a massive sense of self-importance and a habit of treating 'underlings' like something she'd found on her shoe. If that makes me sick, so be it. I feel fine.

GM

Legendary Member
RIP Cilla, that,s my 3rd attempt at typing cilla, BL**dy predicted text kept coming up as Villa........
I noticed Sickipedia.org is having a field day as usual when somebody dies.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I can't say i was a fan of hers. She was another one who used the Scouser tag to boost her career, but like most of them they choose to live as far away from "d' pool" as they can.

It's funny. Both my parents are scouse, and all four of my grandparents are scouse, and I spent a large part of my youth in Liverpool, and I spent the first few years of my working life in Liverpool, and I've never heard anyone call it "d'pool". You're a bell mate.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Oh and one other thing...I remember ruffling a few feathers similarly hereabouts on a previous occasion, after comments I made on a Jimmy Saville RIP thread, when I said that I'd always found the guy a bit sinister. Just plain disrespectful, me....
No, you're a knobhead.

Top Bottom