R.I.P Cilla Black.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
What amazed me was how the Telegraph had two pages about her yesterday.
I think I counted 9 in the Mirror while I was flicking through it waiting for my Chinese to arrive at the counter last night.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was shocked to hear she died at the age of 72. She was well loved and respected by everyone.
I neither loved nor respected her, and that normative ''everyone'' at the end makes me and anyone else who didn't like her, a nobody. That said, I take no pleasure in either her death or the media scrum that will surround her all the way to the celebrity cemetery.

Cyclist33

[QUOTE 3835646, member: 43827"]Only if one prefers to look at it simplistically to fit one's own preferred definition.[/QUOTE]

Which the same can be said of the claim that it's complex, so I don't see what you're adding by saying this.

Cyclist33

[QUOTE 3835777, member: 43827"]So saying racism is a complex issue is simplistic! Define racism simply then in a way that cannot be argued with.
Possibly in a new thread as this is hijacking the original.[/QUOTE]

No thanks.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Found it.

Eg:

You don't talk to Ms Black.
Ms Black will talk to you.
Ms Black only sits in 1A
Ms Black will have some champagne now.
Ms Black talks through a personal assistant.

Vile bitch, rumour has it she was banned from BA for a while because of her attitude to staff and excessive demands about seating.

Shouldn't speak ill of the dead and all that, but by all accounts...
well here's another account. Agent Hilda had breakfast with Cilla in New York. She (AH) was homesick - at the time The Kid was seven or eight and I was getting around on crutches. Cilla talked about leaving the kids at home when she went on tour, or came down to London to record. Cilla wasn't grand, wasn't snooty, wasn't anything other than the person you saw on the telly.

She imparted one piece of wisdom that has stood us in good stead ever since. When drinking champagne one should always have a glass of water after every glass of fizz.

Lullabelle

Banana
She gave a lot of joy to a lot of people :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was wrong about Cilla Black. The day she died i posted that she hadn't visited her home town for years and insinuated that she'd turned her back on Liverpool. My opinion was changed when it was announced that she was to be buried in her mother's grave in the church grounds where she was married. I don't know if this was her choice or that of her sons, i'm presuming it was in her will? Anyway she returned home for good,and there was me thinking she'd be buried hundreds of miles away.

Top Bottom