Rate my gardening chances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Whack seed potatoes in trenches and eat until the new year on them . Any old potatoes you have that are sprouting new shoots will also grow . You get about ten potatoes per plant and they also disrupt the soil for you to lawn next year .

surfdude

Veteran
first thing to do is give it a good rake over and loosen the top inch of soil so the roots of the new grass can penetrate the soil . roiling it has just made the soil hard for the roots to penetrate and can make the new grass prone to diseases . get some fertilizer and sprinkle a little on to give it a good start . let it grow to about 3 inches before you cut it and then no more than half its height for the first two or three cuts . water a little if it gets dry .

first thing to do is give it a good rake over and loosen the top inch of soil so the roots of the new grass can penetrate the soil . roiling it has just made the soil hard for the roots to penetrate and can make the new grass prone to diseases . get some fertilizer and sprinkle a little on to give it a good start . let it grow to about 3 inches before you cut it and then no more than half its height for the first two or three cuts . water a little if it gets dry .
and add the seed at about 50 gms/square meter to get a good cover 1 Kg of seed does an area of about 20square meters

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 3043111, member: 9609"]@Crackle & @summerdays
One week in are we having a progress update ?

Mine just looks exactly the same
:sad:

One week
grassseeding_5601_zpsbbabb9f7.jpg~original
[/QUOTE]
Blue pipe has moved!!!!

OP
OP
C

Crackle

No change here. I went out yesterday and had a quiet word about growing and hiring flamethrowers and stuff.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I may have mentioned this word before but it bears repeating perhaps....

....TURF

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[QUOTE 3043699, member: 9609"]Do ya cairn the cost of the stuff ? I had a mini panic attack at £2.99 for the packet of seeds. apparently it's "Rugby Tuff" seed presumably specially formulated for borders soil. I love the way they market stuff round here, with a rugby ball stuck in the middle of the display - I guess the same packet on tyneside would be marketed as football tough seed.
Should have just called it bird seed as I reckon that is what has happened to it.[/QUOTE]
Cairn? Love it!!!
Buy cheap, buy twice as they say^_^

Top Bottom