Resting Heart Rate 105bpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What's your resting HR now ? Sit down and check again.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That gym instructor needs a talking to.
Why so? He found something unexpected, and referred it to someone qualified. The GP requiring tests suggests it was the right decision. Sure the measured HR was almost certainly not resting, but all the same, best to be cautious.

Anyway best wishes, hope it's nothing.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Why so? He found something unexpected, and referred it to someone qualified. The GP requiring tests suggests it was the right decision. Sure the measured HR was almost certainly not resting, but all the same, best to be cautious.

Anyway best wishes, hope it's nothing.
No he didn't. The HR taken was NOT resting but was taken after the OP had made it to the gym for the induction.

Unless he drank red bull (or any other high crap beverage) and flew in, HR will be elevated...

But as mentioned earlier. When an instructor doing a PARQ during an induction with a client answers NO or X's a box, then the client is referred to their GP first. This is a legal requirement and not a thing can be done until the GP ok's it via letter.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

You've done the right thing seeing the doc.
I thought this was going to be a "is this normal, should I see the doc" type post.
Don't worry they'll sort it, you'll be back on your bike soon enough.
The elephant in the room.............why were you going to a gym when you own a bike:biggrin:

i guess to find out i have HRH,

funny thing i went to see my nurse again and it came up as 76 than it went back to 66, but when i check on these mobile HR monitors app they always give me an average of 80bpm

well i will let my Doc decide.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

+1 for white coat syndrome.

With me it was my dad winding me up. He had a blood pressure meter he used to use on himself. Every so often he'd have a go at me and my brother about us being unhealthy. After 1/2 an hour of this he'd get his blood pressure meter out and say. "If you haven't got a problem lets check you then". A further 1/2 hour he'd got us to the point were we were unhealthy. Thus vindicated he'd go on and on until we'd had enough and went to the pub to get away from his bl**dy meter. ........ Until we went round next time.

Hope this is the same with you. How was the guy at the gym? If you HR was going up it could, hopefully, be stress related. What was it at Dr's? And had you cycled there?

ha ha you have a hell of a dad.

the Gym guy was OK bit of your Dad like, i think stress is a possibility i have been batteling with this B*tch for a while now i try to not let it win, at Docs it was 96bpm however the nurse was not alarmed but the Doc was.

anyways getting my heart checked up soon.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

How did you get to the gym? Elevated HR would be expected if you'd walked from the car, up some stairs, perhaps pushed a few heavy doors open...

Gym instructor should be sacked for being an idiot, yet a thorough idiot! One X on a PARQ = doctor visit

Nah he was a nice chap, i guess things happen for good my doc visit was due anyways. i cycled to gym but i had to wait for instructor for like half an hour.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

a 'normal' resting range is 60-90, CV fitter bods often less than 60.

I guess it depends a bit on how you cycle - sporty & for fitness or to get there whenever without a bead of sweat on your back and what other lifestyle factors come into play - food, booze etc.

Fingers crossed that it is a bug or a blip or aversion to having your pulse taken & that the Docs is a precaution only.
i am a Sprinter i like to do it fast, i guess thats my problem :/

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

You've done the right thing seeing the doc.
I thought this was going to be a "is this normal, should I see the doc" type post.
Don't worry they'll sort it, you'll be back on your bike soon enough.
The elephant in the room.............why were you going to a gym when you own a bike:biggrin:

well i got myself free membership so i thought why Not (dont ask how)

a 'normal' resting range is 60-90, CV fitter bods often less than 60.

I guess it depends a bit on how you cycle - sporty & for fitness or to get there whenever without a bead of sweat on your back and what other lifestyle factors come into play - food, booze etc.

Fingers crossed that it is a bug or a blip or aversion to having your pulse taken & that the Docs is a precaution only.

i hope so too, No booze however i had only 4 hours sleep that day.

What's your resting HR now ? Sit down and check again.

it is coming up as between 65 to 75 however it was earlier about 80bpm.

i dont really trust my crane HR monitor and the apps i use.

This ^^^^

But if it doesn't can I have first dibs on yer bike?

its going for sale anyways i am getting a new one, Not quitting

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My resting heart rate varies between about 58 and 90, for no particular reason. My blood pressure varies between about 130/97 to 97/67.

I'm still just about alive. Don't worry about it. See your GP. Above all, don't listen to internet experts like me.:thumbsup:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
If it had been a female doctor, then this would have been appropriate (see 1:30 into the video) :thumbsup:

Anyway, I hope you get the superfast heartbeat sorted.

Top Bottom