Resting Heart Rate 105bpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Why so? He found something unexpected, and referred it to someone qualified. The GP requiring tests suggests it was the right decision. Sure the measured HR was almost certainly not resting, but all the same, best to be cautious.

Anyway best wishes, hope it's nothing.
Exactly, I presume the gym guy has done loads of inductions from different people, and this reading was much higher than expected, he isn't an expert but must have done enough tests to know that anything over 100 is a bit odd, so well done to him for mentioning it.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

If it had been a female doctor, then this would have been appropriate (see 1:30 into the video) :thumbsup:

Anyway, I hope you get the superfast heartbeat sorted.

we were talking about beach i ask him what sort of beach lol

Zofo

Veteran
i went for a gym induction and my instructed measured my pulse,it was coming up as 105, 106, 107.
he said i have to see my doctor.

went to see my doctor he send me for some blood tests and asked me to avoid exercise for 2 week until the result comes back, he said i look healthy, i feel healthy and do cycle 20 plus miles a day. i am only 30.

its scary
Christ that's high....mine is 46 in the morning ...I'm 51 yrs old

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Christ that's high....mine is 46 in the morning ...I'm 51 yrs old

That's low. Mine's around 52, and I've told my Mum and Wife so that if I ever have a major accident and I'm in a coma (car accident, work, etc - not just cycling, in case anyone gets over-excited), then the doctors don't get unduly worried about my heart rate. Anything below 50 can get the alarm bells ringing.

That's low. Mine's around 52, and I've told my Mum and Wife so that if I ever have a major accident and I'm in a coma (car accident, work, etc - not just cycling, in case anyone gets over-excited), then the doctors don't get unduly worried about my heart rate. Anything below 50 can get the alarm bells ringing.
mine is 42bpm first thing in the morning.... anything under 60bpm sets the monitors off at hospital but it is not uncommon for cyclists to have very low resting heart rates (according to my severe asthma consultant) and when I went in for a bronchoscopy under sedation back in March I was setting the alarms off prior to sedation, so they gave me atropine to bring my heart rate up for the procedure!

jarlrmai

Veteran

They'll be doing EKG's and BP tests as well I wouldn't worry too much.

The gym instructor needs talking to about his resting heart-rate testing procedure, not his GP recommendation necessarily.

I've just cycled back from Pilates class and had a cup of tea and mine is 50bpm currently.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My resting heart rate is fairly low, also. When I went to a hospital for a 1-day stay for a gastroscopy (throat inspection, basically), the person who checked my pulse asked me if I was a triathlete! I was pretty pleased with myself :biggrin:.

charley bradley

Regular
try doing it lying down before you get up in the morning. if you were standing up or had just done a gym workout this would of elevated your pulse.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

Lazy, you still with us?

there is no network in the grave lol

yeah i am still alive, i went for a ECG and my RHR was 75bpm, my average has been between 75 to 85 Doctors say it fine, no issues, my blood tests were normal as well, i dont know maybe its genetic or my extra pounds causing it.

i have been measuring for last few days and after the bed was between 60 to 66.

i will visit my GP next week i will ask him to refer me for advance tests just to be on safe side.

User269

yeah i am still alive, i went for a ECG and my RHR was 75bpm, my average has been between 75 to 85 Doctors say it fine, no issues, my blood tests were normal as well, i dont know maybe its genetic or my extra pounds causing it.

i will visit my GP next week i will ask him to refer me for advance tests just to be on safe side.

You've had an ECG, FBC, and your HR is normal. Nothing to worry about, provided you steer clear of inaccurate, 'toy' HR monitors, uncalibrated, such as the one you've apparenly already tried at the gym.

sounds good to me... not sure you really need any more tests! just keep an eye on it at home - take it first thing in the morning and see what it is before you get out of bed. if your BP is fine as well, then can't see the problem (though obviously I am not qualified medically!)

Top Bottom