Resting Heart Rate 105bpm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
They take any perceived cardio irregularity very seriously at the doctors for good reason. Glad things are fine.
This is true, if you have any worries get thee to the Doctors, they'd rather check you out than have you cause an unpleasant scene somewhere. I know this as a Cardiac Patient. You don't need me to tell you this, but losing some excess baggage is a good thing ticker wise .... advice I could well do with heeding!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will be fine. The GP wont do any more tests. White Coat Syndrome indeed.

MY BP was high for me recently on my Pain Clinic Visit - it's normally perfect but was well up - I was about to have an injection somewhere unthinkable !

Cow Pie

Throughout the day peoples' heart rates vary quiet a lot even when not exerting themselves. Food, drink, temperature, light, medication, dehydration etc... can have a significant effect.
While taking the RHR or HR on its own rarely points to anything it is still a flag to what possibly could be a problem.
I think your trainer was just surprised at your high(ish) HR due to a typical resting HR being roughly accepted as 60 to 80 BPM. Tachycardia whilst rare is always worth getting checked out if you believe you have a problem.
Now your doc has a series of heart rates recorded he can see it was simply an acute episode and nothing to worry about.
I did 8 years as an A&E triage nurse and all heart problems were taken seriously despite few actually being a major problem.
Good to hear you have the all clear :thumbsup:

Personally I think your trainer was worried about having to lock lips with you in case you needed the kiss of life :smooch:. He obviously thinks this is beyond his job description and doesn't pay enough by far :laugh:

Last edited:

AlanTh

I'm glad that everything has turned out ok.

I too have "white coat syndrome". I also know the reason why I have that "disorder".

My blood pressure zooms whenever I am being the subject of medics observations. I have a history of being the "carer" of people being tested. I know how to comfort and look after people - I am unused to being the one being "looked at". The only reason that I got "looked at" at recently was for changing area, and registering with a new GP.

I had a very strange episode about four years ago - it hadn't happened before, and has never happened since. I had been feeling a bit unwell for a few hours, and decided to go to bed for the night, although I didn't think that I would actually get any sleep, So I stacked the pillows up and just lay/sat resting with my eyes closed. When my wife looked at me she said that I had turned a whitish colour. My eyesight started to give the impression of a shimmering hologram. I was complaining about being hot, but my wife said that I was icy cold to the touch. She asked if she should call 999. By this time I was "drifting", and just said that she should do whatever she thought best.

A first responder ambulance man arrived very soon. He attached monitors for heart etc. He got straight onto his radio and called for a full ambulance - asking, "How long?" He put a needle straight into the top of my hand, and taped it down - I can't remember what they call these things, but they are to administer drugs quickly.

When the ambulance crew arrived I was feeling a lot better - oxygen works wonders!

I was carted off to hospital with blue lights and sirens. I found out that my heart rate had gone down to 20 beats per minute. I was asked at the time "Was I VERY fit?" I thought that a strange question, lying on a bed like a beached whale. I replied that I was fairly fit - but no way super fit.

I was let out of hospital after three hours - the consultant saying something like "these things sometimes happen". I was leaving anyway :smile:

I have had every blood test going and heart monitoring - there is nothing wrong.

Whatever happened that night is a mystery.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

I'm glad that everything has turned out ok.

I too have "white coat syndrome". I also know the reason why I have that "disorder".

My blood pressure zooms whenever I am being the subject of medics observations. I have a history of being the "carer" of people being tested. I know how to comfort and look after people - I am unused to being the one being "looked at". The only reason that I got "looked at" at recently was for changing area, and registering with a new GP.

I had a very strange episode about four years ago - it hadn't happened before, and has never happened since. I had been feeling a bit unwell for a few hours, and decided to go to bed for the night, although I didn't think that I would actually get any sleep, So I stacked the pillows up and just lay/sat resting with my eyes closed. When my wife looked at me she said that I had turned a whitish colour. My eyesight started to give the impression of a shimmering hologram. I was complaining about being hot, but my wife said that I was icy cold to the touch. She asked if she should call 999. By this time I was "drifting", and just said that she should do whatever she thought best.

A first responder ambulance man arrived very soon. He attached monitors for heart etc. He got straight onto his radio and called for a full ambulance - asking, "How long?" He put a needle straight into the top of my hand, and taped it down - I can't remember what they call these things, but they are to administer drugs quickly.

When the ambulance crew arrived I was feeling a lot better - oxygen works wonders!

I was carted off to hospital with blue lights and sirens. I found out that my heart rate had gone down to 20 beats per minute. I was asked at the time "Was I VERY fit?" I thought that a strange question, lying on a bed like a beached whale. I replied that I was fairly fit - but no way super fit.

I was let out of hospital after three hours - the consultant saying something like "these things sometimes happen". I was leaving anyway :smile:

I have had every blood test going and heart monitoring - there is nothing wrong.

Whatever happened that night is a mystery.

I am glad you are fine and i am writing this to you. we humans are so fragile yet we think we are so strong.

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

Throughout the day peoples' heart rates vary quiet a lot even when not exerting themselves. Food, drink, temperature, light, medication, dehydration etc... can have a significant effect.
While taking the RHR or HR on its own rarely points to anything it is still a flag to what possibly could be a problem.
I think your trainer was just surprised at your high(ish) HR due to a typical resting HR being roughly accepted as 60 to 80 BPM. Tachycardia whilst rare is always worth getting checked out if you believe you have a problem.
Now your doc has a series of heart rates recorded he can see it was simply an acute episode and nothing to worry about.
I did 8 years as an A&E triage nurse and all heart problems were taken seriously despite few actually being a major problem.
Good to hear you have the all clear :thumbsup:

Personally I think your trainer was worried about having to lock lips with you in case you needed the kiss of life :smooch:. He obviously thinks this is beyond his job description and doesn't pay enough by far :laugh:

yes the Doctors notes says i dont have Tachycardia, however i am concerned my HR is higher than average i would like to bring it down as i have read people with higher rate or tend to have heart related issues at later stage.

i hope i don't have to get lock lips from him you know what i mean :tongue:

Top Bottom