Ride Report: Mouseketeers pop out for the Sunday paper.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
User3143 said:
ILB, you have my respect and admiration. 400k on an upright road/race bike? excellent stuff

it is slightly mad isnt it :tongue:, and my next bike is going to be stiffer with even more agressive geometry :biggrin:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
ilovebikes said:
my next bike is going to be stiffer with even more agressive geometry :tongue:

Well make sure it has the same diameter seat tube, 'cos I'm not sure we're ever going to be able to dig that saddle back out of your @rse. :biggrin:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ilovebikes said:
it is slightly mad isnt it :tongue:, and my next bike is going to be stiffer with even more agressive geometry :biggrin:

Want to swop bikes then? Am sure my one is a much better fit for you, and more aggressive too... However, am keeping my Dura-Ace parts... i dont want your lower ranking substitues... hehehe :sad:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

MacBludgeon said:
seems to be a generic term for anyone foolish enough to allow Arallspop or Aperitif to influence their ride decisions.

Foolish? Foolish? Nay. Foolish was our chasing a roadie who had the audacity to be infront of us through rolling hills. Not only was he considerably fresher (and possibly fitter) than either of us, he was also going a different way.

Plus points to ILB for scalping him on the first climb. Minus points for me, as not only did it take considerably longer to catch them both, I had to celebrate finally pulling infront by announcing 'turning round!' then swinging back down the hill to track back a few miles.

Oops. :tongue:

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

User3143 said:
:biggrin: Did you have trouble with the bike or camera? The first frame is a shot of you with your tongue slightly hanging out with a ''What do I do now'' expression on your face.:tongue:

Lol. It was 2:45 in the morning, I was already running late, and was trying to reliably mount the little Pentax on a convex carbon bottom bracket. I knew it had all gone a bit wrong when the camera started taking, as by then, I should have been on the road :smile:

Mind you, it held on. As the footage progresses, you'll see first the right crank, then the chain, then the left crank all come into shot. Did get a bit wobbly there.:sad:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Guys come on now, up at 3am just to get some ice cream by the beach.:tongue:
I did the same on saturday, southend fish and chips then an ice cream and then popped round to canvey island on the way back.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
arallsopp said:
Foolish? Foolish? Nay. Foolish was our chasing a roadie who had the audacity to be infront of us through rolling hills. Not only was he considerably fresher (and possibly fitter) than either of us, he was also going a different way.

Plus points to ILB for scalping him on the first climb. Minus points for me, as not only did it take considerably longer to catch them both, I had to celebrate finally pulling infront by announcing 'turning round!' then swinging back down the hill to track back a few miles.

Oops. :tongue:

Hahahaha! I done that with Aperitif and MacB when I saw a 15% downhill sign I little while ago, Houghtons Hill I think it was.. We all know what am like downhill.. I finally stopped when I looked back and couldnt see them anymore and after drying my eyes out from the windrush.. I was waiting for about 5 mins before Ape caught up and told me the bad news... great fun though! :biggrin:

iLB

Hello there
arallsopp said:
(and possibly fitter)

Oops. :biggrin:

fitter? fitter than us? i dont think so, having done only half what we had done up to then and less than 10 miles from home, plus having drafted me on the flat and then jumped off my wheel we hit a tiny incline and he called me a 'tw@t' as i accelerated back past him... :tongue::evil:

o and minus points for me for nearly taking andy out going for a turn in the road after a junction where we may have had to do something other than SOX but inevitably didnt, that was a close one - my bad :sad:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
You guys should put all these reports together to make 'The Memoirs of a Mouseketeer' :blush::laugh:

Well done, its the stuff of dreams for us mere mortals.

ChrisKH

Guru
topcat1 said:
Guys come on now, up at 3am just to get some ice cream by the beach.:biggrin:
I did the same on saturday, southend fish and chips then an ice cream and then popped round to canvey island on the way back.

Next time you're passing Canvey tc don't hesitate to pop in for a cup of tea.

...he didn't hesitate Chris - he accelerated! :thumbsup:

topcat1 has this thing about er 'shorts adjustment experts' you see...comes from his formative years in the Post Office, tussling with rampant dogs...on his round, before you say somethng silly.:smile:;)

ChrisKH

Guru
'salright. I won't take it personally. Although I might if 60 riders turned up for tea at 5.00 am on a Fnrttc.

Actually I would quite like that as it would annoy the neighbours. ;)

Top Bottom