Ride Report: Mouseketeers pop out for the Sunday paper.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Wigsie said:
Its the stuff of dreams for us mere mortals.

LOL. We all started somewhere. The mouseketeer path is found by simply picking an end point that's suitably far from wherever this is. Just a little bit further than comfortable is good.

Our doors are always open, and you're only in Kent. That's positively local.

You've got a 60 miler in September, right? By Christmas you could be in a whole heap of trouble. ILB's first 100 was in March this year. April, May, June, and he's clocking 250+.

He will outride us all.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
arallsopp said:
LOL. We all started somewhere. The mouseketeer path is found by simply picking an end point that's suitably far from wherever this is. Just a little bit further than comfortable is good.

Our doors are always open, and you're only in Kent. That's positively local.

You've got a 60 miler in September, right? By Christmas you could be in a whole heap of trouble. ILB's first 100 was in March this year. April, May, June, and he's clocking 250+.

He will outride us all.

60 Miler was 2 weeks ago doing the 140k (87 miles I think) Sevenoaks sportive in September so contemplating doing a 13 mile loop at the end to make it up to 100. ;)

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Wigsie said:
60 Miler was 2 weeks ago doing the 140k (87 miles I think) Sevenoaks sportive in September so contemplating doing a 13 mile loop at the end to make it up to 100. ;)

Excellent, excellent. You could already be in. To really score high though, you want to set off at midnight ;)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I am beginning to think there was never a truer word spoken....

MacBludgeon said:
seems to be a generic term for anyone foolish enough to allow Arallspop or Aperitif to influence their ride decisions.

Knowing me, it shall not be long, I don't like to shy away from something sounding challenging. :wacko::biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Also expect to get lost, in fact it probably can't be classed as a Mouseketeer ride if you don't:biggrin:

So guys are we going to get some jerseys made up? When I get the one from the US, as recommended by TC, from the link below, we can have a look at quality etc, though TC is a discerning chap.

http://www.oregoncyclewear.com/MerinoWool.html

they do pricing brackets, anything up to 11 jerseys would be $73 a pop, 12-29 $53 each and 30+ $41 each. I reckon we could get 12, or more of us, signed up so qualifying for the $53 price, for 100% merino that's very good. Was thinking we could have Mouseketeers across the chest and maybe forum nickname on sleeve. By the time you add in lettering, shipping etc I would think about £50 each would be the final price. Still a lot less than anything similar available in UK(that I can find).

I believe us older bods could help subsidise the young blood a bit as well. No Teef, you don't qualify:evil:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
ilovebikes said:
pulls bemused face and considers a copyright on the mouseketeers name dibs :biggrin:

now we can't have an 'it's my ball and you can't play' moment

Top Bottom