Ride Report: Mouseketeers pop out for the Sunday paper.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben M

Sounds like an awesome ride.

So awesome that I just messaged a mate telling him that we're doing a 400km ride Bristol to Big Ben and back!

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ben M said:
Sounds like an awesome ride.

So awesome that I just messaged a mate telling him that we're doing a 400km ride Bristol to Big Ben and back!

Excellent! Depending on fitness / approach, it'll take you a day (as in 24 hours) or so.
As an additional bonus, you can benefit from the free london papers given out to commuters at your half way point. Westminster tube is probably closest pick up point
See, its already cost effective.

You done this kind of mileage before?

Ben M

arallsopp said:
Excellent! Depending on fitness / approach, it'll take you a day (as in 24 hours) or so.
As an additional bonus, you can benefit from the free london papers given out to commuters at your half way point. Westminster tube is probably closest pick up point
See, its already cost effective.

You done this kind of mileage before?

Not yet. But we're cycling Bristol- Strasbourg (see sig) in August. With a few 100+ milers between then and attempting the 400km I'm sure we'll be ready =]

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Tight schedule mate, but all doable.

ILB's first 100 miler was March 15 this year, overnight to Brighton and back. April built the mileage steadily, and on 2 May, we rolled home with 230+ miles on the clock. On 23rd May we tried for 250, but fell short at 220 odd. End of June, we finally got the 257 miler in.

Top Bottom