S-Works Venge build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
in all honesty i only got a 54 to get it quicker, but i prefwered short stems on the 56 so a 54 might balance it out, i usd to be dead on 6ft but im now a few inches shorter :sad:

AndyRM

XOXO
A few inches?! Have you cut your feet off or summat?

Obviously I don't know your dimensions, but I'm 6"1' and feel a bit cramped on a 56, would have thought that's your size no?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Blimey ! Still at least youll get lots of panto work by the time youre 40 :laugh:
Ive also shrunk as ive got older . Lots of heavy lifting takes its toll !

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
the thing is the last few times i was measured at 181 were only last summer and that was proffesionally by doctors and now it is saying 177 each time, ive got no arch in my spine or anything so god knows whats happening! hopefully thr 54cm frame is alright though, i much prefer higher seatposts and low bars anyway i find it much more comfortable than being upright ( probably why im shrinking ) i did always get told of for slouching at school

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ditto here not keen on all this sportive geo that's the in thing these days. For info I'm 6ft and ride a 56cm Langster and a 55cm Raleigh Militis 3. Both fit well.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I used to have a Viking 59cm bike that fit me fine too I guess sizing isn't too much of an issue as it can be sorted with seatpost night saddle adjustment and stem adjustment I think I'll prefer the 54 though as I'm always wanting to have a shorter bike and higher seatpost

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Great thanks for the re assurance!

simon.r

Person
I used to have a Viking 59cm bike that fit me fine too I guess sizing isn't too much of an issue as it can be sorted with seatpost night saddle adjustment and stem adjustment I think I'll prefer the 54 though as I'm always wanting to have a shorter bike and higher seatpost

I agree. I think people can get a big too hung up on frame size. Long seatposts and a stem change will solve a lot of fit issues (within reason). I reckon top tube length is at least as important as the seat tube measurement.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Doesn't Cav ride the smallest frame Specialized do?

Yep Cav used to ride a 52 same as myself and has now gone to a 49 which is the smallest frame. It's what made me interested in going smaller. I have a loan bike coming to make sure.
The difference is not actually that great when you look at the data sheet, the biggest difference is a lower front end.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I'm starting time trailing soon and it is what I really want to focus my cycling on, I couldn't afford a good road bike and a good tt bike hence going with the venge, I think the lower profile and shorter head tube will help get me into a better position. I'm picking the frame up nextweek so hopefully I'll have it knocked together in a day, I've already done things such as set up the bars and cables under the bar tape ect just to slide on to speed up time :smile:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I did! I had them ready right away and slipped them right on the wheels, break pads are installed and all the bolts are greased ready just to slide in, I think I've stupidly cut the front break outer cable to short though. Measure 3 times cut once ect but I cut it in totally the wrong place, doh!

Top Bottom