S-Works Venge build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Enjoy the build and when you can afford it upgrade the wheels. Nothing wrong with R500's but they are very basic for a frame of that calibre. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I know I won't be getting carbon wheels until the summer when I've got more money, I just went with tried and tested for the time being I can't decide between 50mm or 80 odd depth rims though I think I might go with the deeper ones I think they look fab on the venge

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I know I won't be getting carbon wheels until the summer when I've got more money, I just went with tried and tested for the time being I can't decide between 50mm or 80 odd depth rims though I think I might go with the deeper ones I think they look fab on the venge
Look good but are they good for you ?
Getting to know my bike I think I want sexy thin strong wheels . Carbon rims look sexy but climbing THAT hill I don't :laugh:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
The riding I will be doing is flat tt's I'm abit of a powerhouse and don't like hills anyway, when I do a hilly ride I'll switch to different wheels :smile:

montage

God Almighty
If you're going stealth the stickers on those wheels pick off pretty easily. I think buying cheap now and then saving up for really nice wheels later is a good way to do things (rather than spend more now and have less to spend at a later time).

Not seeing a pic of the venge yet is killing me though!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I'm starting time trailing soon and it is what I really want to focus my cycling on, I couldn't afford a good road bike and a good tt bike hence going with the venge, I think the lower profile and shorter head tube will help get me into a better position. I'm picking the frame up nextweek so hopefully I'll have it knocked together in a day, I've already done things such as set up the bars and cables under the bar tape ect just to slide on to speed up time :smile:

The basis for the Venge was the old Transition TT bike with drop bars as such you can get a pretty reasonable TT position on the Venge
You really need to flip the seat tube round to get a better position as shown on the fine in the following picture.

DSC_0255.jpg

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
It
If you're going stealth the stickers on those wheels pick off pretty easily. I think buying cheap now and then saving up for really nice wheels later is a good way to do things (rather than spend more now and have less to spend at a later time).

Not seeing a pic of the venge yet is killing me though!
The frame is ready for me to pick up however I'm busy all week well I was going to be, now I'm just ill haha

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Had a right faf on this last week been to hospital and had other financial issues but I assure you all I WILL have it by mid nextweek bank holiday Monday and busy Tuesday and wed so I'm looking at Thursday! It's killing me waiting.

Top Bottom