S works venge stolen durham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will add a lot of the info in that article was wrong but it gets the point across, they cant spell and they got my age and location wrong, I also haven't been a student for a while! hideous photo too that's when I had been off the bike for weeks waiting on it so im looking abit chubby haha
Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour.... I really hope its good news soon.... Every time I log in to CC this thread is the first thing I check! Good luck on the leads.....

classic33

Leg End Member
Insurance just got off the phone they said since it wasn't chained up they don't cover it but they might consider it as I was actually with the bike but it will take a few more days to decide which has annoyed me as the sale on an ultegra group ends soon ... Funny I don't push my bike around with a lock attached I don't expect some scum I come grab it from me when I'm out
Wouldn't that be theft from the person. Similar to having a mobile taken from your hand.

classic33

Leg End Member
thanks mate! the insurance need proof of purchase for items but my bank statement just has the amount and where it was payed no items -.-
How long ago? See if where you purchased them would be willing to go through their records and match it up for you.

Have to say its the first "International" search for a stolen bike I've seen.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Yes the word going international amazed me i never expected it to go further than the estate is was nicked but now it seems everyone knows about it im not sure what the insurance is going to do they are being abit arsey towards it but considering the bike was always at arms length i dont see the issue

classic33

Leg End Member
First port of call, for me, would be the shop. See if they're willing to help.
They have to keep a record, till rolls/drive copy, so that if needed they can prove when/if an item was sold.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Still nothing, devistated as i made an enquiry with pro bike kit to see when there 10 percent off shimano ended as the insurance still hasent payed and they said it ends midnight tonight so it looks like ill never be able to afford an ultegra group for any new build, its also my birthday tommorrow so thats out a downer on it!

montage

God Almighty
As somebody who will be looking into insurance policies in the near future I am very interested in the insurance outcome (and the company)

andsaw

Im absolutely fuming, I would love to say hope you get it back, but im afraid that being so hot that they have probably cut it up into lots of easily disposed of little pieces, than risk the you knew they had it and would do anything than get caught with it, and would go through having bad cramps and such through the crack or smack it would of paid for, good luck though.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Cheers for the birthday wishes, nothing yet but I've just ordered a bmc impec frame as lots of people were highly generous for my birthday with the bike being nicked can thank people enough, so the next thread will be bmc impec build on a budget haha

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cheers for the birthday wishes, nothing yet but I've just ordered a bmc impec frame as lots of people were highly generous for my birthday with the bike being nicked can thank people enough, so the next thread will be bmc impec build on a budget haha
Sweet in a good / bad way , i do like the look of BMC frames and there bikes always get good reviwes even though atm i am taken with the merida aero
117-661x440.jpg

Although a new bike is not going to happen , swmbo needs a new kitchen and i have 3 bikes .............

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I must say I'm not too keep on the looks but the more I look the more I start to like it, it's a bmc impec 2011 second hand off a mate but for 500 I can't go wrong !

Top Bottom