S works venge stolen durham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
@jack smith Enjoy your new project. I hope that it is as good as the Venge. Don't give up hope for the Venge though. Sometimes bikes come back.
Is it worth putting posters up offering a Venge Amnesty. You get the bike back, no questions asked and no further action taken?

Crankarm

Guru
'am I missing something? Why couldn't the police just arrest the scrote on suspicion of theft/robbery? They could then search his property and recover it. I think the response you've had from the police is diabolical. They might be pleasant to you but they will be to the scrote as well, they seem to be doing bugger all to recover your bike when they have more than enough information and reasonable suspicion to do so. The scrotes and chavs seem to be calling the shots, the plod have no influence in this area! It sounds a horrible lawless dive. I think a complaint to the CC or IPCC would be in order. Next time put a tracker in the bike frame.

I would organise a visit to the scrote to introduce him to some of your 'mates'. If you don't get your bike back and it looks like getting out of hand then call plod. You aren't going to get it back if you wait for plod to do something.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Needs? Have you not got cabinets and a bit of work top in the room you cook in then? Who the heck actually 'needs' a new kitchen?
(I wonder, sometimes, if I might be an unusual sort of woman)
Its about 20 years old (?) , the worktop is scored and gone a funny colur and not enough cupbaords / work top really .It will be cheaper in the long even if i have a loan to clear some debt on top that moving house which is what she wants to do instead .
I must say I'm not too keep on the looks but the more I look the more I start to like it, it's a bmc impec 2011 second hand off a mate but for 500 I can't go wrong !
Nice :smile:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
'am I missing something? Why couldn't the police just arrest the scrote on suspicion of theft/robbery? They could then search his property and recover it. I think the response you've had from the police is diabolical. They might be pleasant to you but they will be to the scrote as well, they seem to be doing bugger all to recover your bike when they have more than enough information and reasonable suspicion to do so. The scrotes and chavs seem to be calling the shots, the plod have no influence in this area! It sounds a horrible lawless dive. I think a complaint to the CC or IPCC would be in order. Next time put a tracker in the bike frame.

I would organise a visit to the scrote to introduce him to some of your 'mates'. If you don't get your bike back and it looks like getting out of hand then call plod. You aren't going to get it back if you wait for plod to do something.

The lad has been payed a visit by the police and others and he has since been stabbed the police did search the property once but only once they said they cant to anything due to him wearing different clothes when he was arrested than he had on when cought on cctv despite around 4 eye witnesses. The lad is also knows to steal from local industrial estates every weekend but nothing is done.

Update to the new bike thing ive scrapped the bmc idea and secured a deal on an s works tarmac frame... Woohoo. So im going to try for a lightweight climber bike hopefully once it is payed for the venge will shop up so i then have a venge and a tarmac... I think thats my perfect two bike garage!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The lad has been payed a visit by the police and others and he has since been stabbed the police did search the property once but only once they said they cant to anything due to him wearing different clothes when he was arrested than he had on when cought on cctv despite around 4 eye witnesses. The lad is also knows to steal from local industrial estates every weekend but nothing is done.
So let me get this right. If I go and nick someone's Venge and then whip home sharpish and change my clothing I can keep the bike and the police can do nothing?

Crankarm

Guru

Update to the new bike thing ive scrapped the bmc idea and secured a deal on an s works tarmac frame... Woohoo. So im going to try for a lightweight climber bike hopefully once it is payed for the venge will shop up so i then have a venge and a tarmac... I think thats my perfect two bike garage!

Sounds like your local plod are fools.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
Sounds like your local plod are fools.

what happened to the good old fashioned 'line-up'....?

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Seems soo, you can tell by the photo I uploaded on the first page. He had sharpishly changed clothes, I've also seen him in the same clothes since

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Word is that its been sold on, although im also abit worried the people who went to go look might have kept it themselves realising what its worth although the bike stands out like a sore thumb on the road so im sure it will be spotted if anyone rides it i think if its been sold on it will eventually end up in the hands of a proper cyclist which will be easy to notice the bike and get it back, but bad for whoever un knowingly payed for kt

NorvernRob

I'd be putting in an official complaint against the police. Saying they couldn't do anything because he'd changed his clothes is complete ineptitude.

How many times has it been on those real life TV programmes where some scrote runs into a house and comes out with a changed top walking casually down the road - the police still grab him straight away.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do these scum own any vehicles. The odd dropped bottle of brake fluid should make a nice decoration.

An Sworks frame is a rare bike. I woud post pics on most bike forums with just a partial frame number.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
The bike was rather new and i didnt take the number (doh) but i built it from scratch and can say anything about it including botching the bottom bracket and the angle i cut the steerer not to mention chips in certain places just little things that i can use to prove it is mine i even gave the police the different colours of grease used to assemble each part hours after it was nicked and they were added to my statement

Top Bottom