Sat 13 March: Ride from RP to Boxhill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
redjedi said:
:smile:

You had triple as well. I may be in serious trouble.

How does BH compare to Ditchling? Longer? Steeper?

I'll bring my cleat covers with me for when I get off and walk :biggrin:

box hill is a doddle (cough) avg 5% 2.2k - long but not steep. ditchling is far harder

mistral

Guru
PK99 said:
box hill is a doddle (cough) avg 5% 2.2k - long but not steep. ditchling is far harder

Indeed, BH has a couple of tricky hairpins, but that aside it's quite pleasant

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
I wimped out and ordered a new cassette of 13-29 (my granny could climb BH with that :biggrin:). Not sure if it will work straight away though as I'll probably need a new chain and I'm still to check the mech will work, but hopefully it will be here before the weekend and I can find out Friday night.

29????????? Am currently stuck at a max 23t, but am being a man, wuss! :smile:

mike e

I once rode up Box Hill and never realized it was a hill until someone mentioned at the top....:smile:

It's actually really enjoyable because unlike Ditchling there's a lovely cafe at the top that sells coffee and cake, ok, so it's not Sig standard of cake but is still cake all the same, it keeps you going don't you know. Infact no cake for anyone unless they clean BH.

P.S unfortunately I cannot make this ride so you will have to take my word for it that I've cleaned it. Sig please pop my slice of cake in the post...:tongue:

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Cheeky, its a 39t! :smile:

I stand corrected. Perhaps I need to wax my legs and get a "sports massage" :tongue:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
if you go via Little Switzerland, Tumber Street is quite tough - if only for a few metres.

Top Bottom