Sat 13 March: Ride from RP to Boxhill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
Just about to leave, see you all soon.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
missed 'em. We pootled down to Rykas, taking in the view from Epsom Racecourse, facing down a savage dachshund in Tumber Street, and swooping down through Little Switzerland, expecting all the while to be overtaken by the CC chaingang, but, sadly, our luck was out.

redjedi

Über Member
A lovely ride for the first CC ride of year. Only a small group of 7 this time and a good pace all the way.

Nice to meet the regulars and the newbie Davidg, who's taken over from Stevevw has the one who misses turnings and has to be chased down, but it was a good way to warm up after the lunch break :biggrin:

We didn't go up the zig zag road, but there were still plenty of up hills to know you'd been on a ride.

View from the top was great, pics were taken and cake was eaten ;) before we were mugged had at the cafe.

pleasant ride back to RP where we all went our separate ways.

Can't wait for the next one.

redjedi

Über Member
Davy is the one to ask for photos.

I only took a couple

eiw50.jpg

Sig also took some but we may never see those. She used a camera with something called "film" in it :biggrin:

davidg

nice one peeps. I needed my tights for those breaks though!

mistral

Guru
Another excellent day with some lovely CC’ers.

A last minute decision, but as this was my first real outing on the new Condor I decided to head off early, past the Roehampton Gate meeting point ,I headed up to HPC to meet up with CoG, Sig & Steve. Sig turned up, then shortly after Steve, but (consistent at least) User was AWOL:headshake:

Turned out he’d lost his Marbles, despite arranging the rendezvous at HPC (Wellington Arch) he’d positioned himself 1 mile north, at the other Arch:wacko:

Couple of texts & a call later CoG is redirected, he arrives resplendent in Rahpa :biggrin: and we set off.

Meet up at RP with Luke, DavidG, and DavyW. At last we’re on our way, blasting up first climb in RP before battling through Kingston shoppers along the river and out to Epsom. Next little climb, Chalk Lane up to the Downs then a majestic sweep past the Epsom racecourse through Langley Vale and up to Headley. Here it was decided to take lunch at the top of Box Hill, rather than grapple with the Zig Zag.

Brief stop to take in the view, bite to eat, including Sig’s now famous & ever delicious Cherry & Almond cake (always hits the spot), then an enjoyable descent of the Zig Zag. Taking a left and first left (well, most of us), returning to Headley by way of Lodge Bottom Road.

Good to see everyone and thank you CoG for the planning.

Sig SilverPrinter

redjedi said:
Davy is the one to ask for photos.

I only took a couple

Sig also took some but we may never see those. She used a camera with something called "film" in it :biggrin:
:sad::biggrin:
I'll get round to printing them one day

Thanks CoG for a great day, as most of my cycling is commuting through London its really nice to get out of the city and i had never been to Boxhill. I'm glad we didn't go up the zig zag road as my legs still haven't recovered from FNRttC and I was struggling with the hills.
we came back to RP where goodbyes were said, then Davy , fuelled by 3 pieces of cake, led me and steve back to embankment.
Nice to meet the new recruit davidg, oh and we saw a parrot in RP.
All in all a great day

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Howdy one and all!

Nice trip this. Few new routes in my head, nice stretch of the legs and 82.5miles on the clock, ran out of time for the ton... Oh well..

Was nicely routed by CoG and Mistral with a few nice downhills.. after the uphills... Lovely cake by Sig, and great flapjack by Stevevw, thanks!

Good to meet up with peeps again and the new guy DavidG, who also shares my passion at sprinting off at junctions! :angry:

I wonder if the car beach on the verge got going again? haha! Steve & Sig know I got almost taken out by a moton pulling out sharply to go down the wrong lane, my apologises for the language, but oh for a camera! Anyway, pics, not sure where they will turn out on here but here goes!

Thanks again one and all!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Shocking User has had a haircut! Looks like it was a lovely ride out! I especially like the photo closer up of you all in the alcove.

Top Bottom