Sat 13 March: Ride from RP to Boxhill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Nice going CoG...

Were not cycling up the Zig Zag then? :-(..

davidg

User1314 said:
My home web network is down, so I'm posting this from work blackberry,

my work seems to have blocked the cycle chat website! can view on my blackberry but cant seem to post!

redjedi said:
I usually go around the west - south side of Kew gardens, past St Margaret's station, over Kew Bridge and up Richmond Hill.

It's quicker with less traffic and fewer traffic lights and junctions to contend with.

I'll probably leave at about 9.30 from Syon Park.

You're welcome to join me.

I dont think we go the same way...pretty sure by your description that you are not going over Kew bridge, but Twickenham or Richmond?

Davywalnuts said:
Nice going CoG...

Were not cycling up the Zig Zag then? :-(..

this chap doesnt get a vote!!

edit: so for me it is 10.30 at Roehampton Gate cafe? that's the one with the cycle hire next to it, yes?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
this chap doesnt get a vote!!

edit: so for me it is 10.30 at Roehampton Gate cafe? that's the one with the cycle hire next to it, yes?[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!

Seriously, I thought the Zig Zag was the Hill we was talking about? :biggrin:. Thats not too bad...

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
HAHAHAHA!

Seriously, I thought the Zig Zag was the Hill we was talking about? :biggrin:. Thats not too bad...

I believe there are a couple of ways up BH. Not sure which is easier or steeper, but they all get to the top.

redjedi

Über Member
Bike cleaned and lubed.

New wimpy cassette fitted :smile:

I think I may have mucked up the indexing a bit though, I'm rubbish at doing that, so I may need a little help in RP unless I stop by the lbs on the way.

mike e

redjedi said:
Bike cleaned and lubed.

New wimpy cassette fitted :laugh:

I think I may have mucked up the indexing a bit though, I'm rubbish at doing that, so I may need a little help in RP unless I stop by the lbs on the way.

Fear not Luke, help is at hand......

Simply take all the gears off the bike except one and refit the chain. No more indexing problems....:smile:

davidg

i can try and help as I have managed to do mine in the past, rj. Is the chain the right length still?

mike e said:
How's the recovery going Teef? Are you re-gaining your devilish good looks?...:biggrin:

"Dorian Gray eat your heart out." Yeah - OK mikee thanks - knee is still a bit stiff but that is probably becuase I weigh about four tons more - not been on a bike regularly since before Christmas Day.
I have made 76 cherry cakes and eaten them all. :laugh:

redjedi

Über Member
mike e said:
Fear not Luke, help is at hand......

Simply take all the gears off the bike except one and refit the chain. No more indexing problems....:biggrin:

:laugh: That's for the other bike

davidg said:
i can try and help as I have managed to do mine in the past, rj. Is the chain the right length still?

Chain looked alright, didn't try big on front and back, but would never use that anyway. Limits are alright it's just the screw on the cable, but I was trying to do it upside down which I don't think works very well.
Must get myself a workstand.

davidg

redjedi said:
:biggrin: That's for the other bike

Chain looked alright, didn't try big on front and back, but would never use that anyway. Limits are alright it's just the screw on the cable, but I was trying to do it upside down which I don't think works very well.
Must get myself a workstand.

that should be a fine with two of us then

Top Bottom