Sat 13 March: Ride from RP to Boxhill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mistral

Guru
dellzeqq said:
if you go via Little Switzerland, Tumber Street is quite tough - if only for a few metres.

That's my route to BH - User you may want to consider this(?) from Epsom, take Chalk Lane, Langley Vale, Headley Road, eventually Tumber Street. Then into Lodge Bottom Road which sweeps down a beautiful little valley, a couple of left turns and you're on the Zig Zag to BH.

PK99

Legendary Member
mistral said:
That's my route to BH - User you may want to consider this(?) from Epsom, take Chalk Lane, Langley Vale, Headley Road, eventually Tumber Street. Then into Lodge Bottom Road which sweeps down a beautiful little valley, a couple of left turns and you're on the Zig Zag to BH.

and if you feel like a leg stretch, extend across the a24 before going up box hill and give ranmore go!

PK99

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
I'll work out a route tomorrow and recce on Friday.

What are the chances of ice on Saturday at BH?

None, I suggest, by lunch-time even though it might be cold.

i'd treat little Switzerland with caution. overhanging trees and no sun on parts of that.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
My lady of the night, she say yes! Its going to cost me however!

User, I'll meet you at HPC at 0945hrs for rendevous. Redjedi, meet you along the way? If your man enough for the early start and mile munching? ;-)

ILB....... Just you wait.... just you wait....

Davywalnuts said:

User, I'll meet you at HPC at 0945hrs for rendevous. Redjedi, meet you along the way? If your man enough for the early start and mile munching? ;-)

...packet of chewy strips for her guide dog?

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:

I'll be in RP before 10.30 waiting for you all to arrive. Of course by then I will have done a few laps of the park to warm up B)

Weather's looking good for sat. Dry, sunny and slightly less windy than the rest of this week.

PK99

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
I'll report back on my recce findings tomorrow!

:wacko:

Re the journey back to London from BH, what do people want to do?

Head

our standard route is on over the top of box hill to walton on the the hill, left down chequers lane, Walton on the hill, tadworth, epsom downs, Epsom and then take your pick: Nice rolling route with no ups!

PK99

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Cheers PK.

Please bear in mind that of the 6/7k mileage I do each year, 5/6 is in London.

Outside the M25 I am a flapping fish out of water.

What are these rolling hills, with sheep frollicking in meadows, and peasant girls offering warmly pressed cows milk, of which you speak?

I'ts virtually flat the whole way from the top of box hill, rollers like the gentle hilly bits (ie missing out the Big Lump) of RP then a downhill whizz into epsom. It's the route home to epsom after a 50 miles club run in the surrrey hills ie easy!

davidg

User1314 said:

Head back to RP or to a station?

Or my local in Surbiton (cough cough), Surbiton which has a station with 4 trains an hour into Waterloo?

I am easy, but planned on cycling back. I live in Ealing.

I have a wedding reception early evening so cant be too late as have stuff to do...
redjedi, how do you get there? do you want to meet on way? eg north side of kew bridge?

redjedi

Über Member
I usually go around the west - south side of Kew gardens, past St Margaret's station, over Kew Bridge and up Richmond Hill.

It's quicker with less traffic and fewer traffic lights and junctions to contend with.

I'll probably leave at about 9.30 from Syon Park.

You're welcome to join me.

redjedi

Über Member
User1314 said:
I'll report back on my recce findings tomorrow!

:smile:

Head back to RP or to a station?

Or my local in Surbiton (cough cough), Surbiton which has a station with 4 trains an hour into Waterloo?

Depending on the time, I could be tempted into a quick drink in Surbiton, but just the one as I will need to ride home :becool:

stevevw

Guru
User1314 said:
I'm meeting Sig and SW at HPC at 9.45.

User

My train gets to KX at 9:35 so may be a few mins later than 9:45 at Wellington Arch.

It will be nice to see you all again, I am still waiting to hear the latest Davy excuse for a no show though.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
stevevw said:
My train gets to KX at 9:35 so may be a few mins later than 9:45 at Wellington Arch.

It will be nice to see you all again, I am still waiting to hear the latest Davy excuse for a no show though.

hahahaha, well... I am cleaning the bike tonight so anything could happen... :biggrin:

But yes, will be good to catch up with peeps again..

Am sure we can wait for you..

Top Bottom