Sat 13 March: Ride from RP to Boxhill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

mike e;1155870][QUOTE=User1314 said:
No worries.

It's only cycling (!).

I reckon 2010 will be a good year for Cycle Chatters.

What's that big night-ride to the East Coast?[/QUOTE]

And now I will send the reply as well instead of just highlighting the question...:smile:

Friday 18th June 2010, midnight at York and riding to Cleethorpes via The Humber Bridge. This is your chance to experience some lovely riding in Yorkshire, you may have to accept it will be even darker than normal as we don't yet have street lighting and there may be more horse and carts then in London...:biggrin:

Sig SilverPrinter

ok I can make it .
I want no excuses from anyone , no colds ,no been out on the pi$$,or my toes/knees are hurting or there'll be trouble.
I will make cake.

User1314 said:
If we leave RP at, say, 10.30, I'm happy to meet Sig at, say, Waterloo at 9.30?
This would be good if its not too inconvenient for you

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ive just been reminded that I have an appointment for my legs saturday morning... I cant make it now, sorry... unless I can change it for next week.. Ill keep you posted.

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Ive just been reminded that I have an appointment for my legs saturday morning... I cant make it now, sorry... unless I can change it for next week.. Ill keep you posted.

I'm sure you can put off waxing your legs for a week :tongue:

stevevw

Guru
I may be able to get out for this. If so could meet others at HPC for the ride down to Richmond.

Im still planning on heavy drinking that evening, but what time is this planning to start? If not too early, you could tempt me into a circuit of Richmond (from waterloo or not) before you lot head to BxHl......and maybe other slackers too :evil:

mistral

Guru
This is gathering momentum nicely, good to hear you're now in Steve.

There must be others who could do with a gentle spin out to the Surrey Hills?

Mark, it's a nice ride out to Box Hill & not too strenuous, you could always get the train back to W'loo from Dorking. You'll then be nicely loosened up for the marathon session in the evening.

redjedi

Über Member
Tollers said:
Im still planning on heavy drinking that evening, but what time is this planning to start? If not too early, you could tempt me into a circuit of Richmond (from waterloo or not) before you lot head to BxHl......and maybe other slackers too :biggrin:

Come on Tollers, you can do the whole ride and still go out in the evening. There doesn't appear to be a huge crowd so we should be going at a decent pace.

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Ahhh haaa! Sweet!

Man up, wimp! hehehe

I wimped out and ordered a new cassette of 13-29 (my granny could climb BH with that :smile:). Not sure if it will work straight away though as I'll probably need a new chain and I'm still to check the mech will work, but hopefully it will be here before the weekend and I can find out Friday night.

stevevw

Guru
Luke I had a 32 on mine for last saturday. taken it off now and gone back to the 25 so will have to try a bit harder up BH this time.

redjedi

Über Member
stevevw said:
Luke I had a 32 on mine for last saturday. taken it off now and gone back to the 25 so will have to try a bit harder up BH this time.
:smile:

You had triple as well. I may be in serious trouble.

How does BH compare to Ditchling? Longer? Steeper?

I'll bring my cleat covers with me for when I get off and walk :biggrin:

Top Bottom